San Fran Shooting June 14

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

San Fran Shooting June 14

Post by bignflnut »

San Francisco police advised residents to avoid the area and shelter in place, after multiple people were shot in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood near a UPS facility around 9amPT this morning, according to numerous reports.

Avoid the area of 17th Street and Vermont due to #SFPD Police activity. #SF pic.twitter.com/G1jpmm6hE5

— San Francisco Police (@SFPD) June 14, 2017

#SFPD PIO is responding out to the scene. Media staging area will be at 17th and Potrero Ave. pic.twitter.com/HabDSp32xi

— San Francisco Police (@SFPD) June 14, 2017
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: San Fran Shooting June 14

Post by qmti »

"Multiple victims" were hospitalized after a gunman opened fire in a United Postal Service facility in San Francisco on Wednesday, officials said.

I'm confused. How can that be with California having the most gun control laws in the US? Talk about something that isn't working.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Poor homeless, tent-dwellers must've had a helluva show. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.764792, ... 56!6m1!1e1
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

qmti wrote:"Multiple victims" were hospitalized after a gunman opened fire in a United Postal Service facility in San Francisco on Wednesday, officials said.

I'm confused. How can that be with California having the most gun control laws in the US? Talk about something that isn't working.
Small correction: United Parcel Service.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Brian D. wrote:
qmti wrote:"Multiple victims" were hospitalized after a gunman opened fire in a United Postal Service facility in San Francisco on Wednesday, officials said.

Small correction: United Parcel Service.
I'll apologize for Fox News (I copy/pasted the sentence from their website)
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

It's gotta be fake news,there's no guns allowed at UPS.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

I also read a report stating that he used an "assault pistol".... :roll:
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I heard "assault pistol" on a radio report.
Wondered what it was, how "black" and or aesthetically pleasing it must be.
Perhaps it was a .223 pistol.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

bignflnut wrote:I heard "assault pistol" on a radio report.
Wondered what it was, how "black" and or aesthetically pleasing it must be.
Perhaps it was a .223 pistol.
It uses a 30 caliber magazine clip that explodes on impact, they neutralize unicorns instantly, pretty scary stuff.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A San Francisco UPS driver who killed three colleagues in a shooting rampage at a company warehouse was armed with two stolen guns and appeared to target his victims, police said Friday.

Police Commander Greg McEachern told a news conference that investigators have not yet determined Jimmy Lam's motive, but "the shooting appeared purposeful and targeted."

Lam, 38, shot and killed three fellow drivers and wounded two others before killing himself in front of police in the June 14 shooting. An 18-year veteran of UPS, Lam opened fire at a morning meeting of UPS drivers before the drivers went out on deliveries.

Lam began by shooting Benson Louie, 50, in the meeting before turning the gun on Wayne Chan, 56, McEachern said. He then walked outside and confronted Mike Lefiti, 46, and fatally shot him multiple times.

Lam then walked back inside the warehouse, where police found him after a two-minute search. Lam walked by several other employees he could have shot but didn't, McEachern said.

When police confronted Lam, he had the gun pointed to his head and police ordered him to drop the weapon. Instead, he shot himself, McEachern said.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Wonder if they were stolen from UPS shipments.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

schmieg wrote:Wonder if they were stolen from UPS shipments.
UPS plays that down, but such internal theft has dogged the company for years.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Brian D. wrote:
schmieg wrote:Wonder if they were stolen from UPS shipments.
UPS plays that down, but such internal theft has dogged the company for years.
That's why I have always winced when I have to list the contents and/or value of the package I'm about to hand over. I don't think it'd be difficult for an average UPS worker to figure out which packages contained firearms and whether the package contains a long gun or a handgun.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!