Cgrsmn Scalise & police shot-Alexandria Va baseball practice

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Cgrsmn Scalise & police shot-Alexandria Va baseball prac

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:
A source close to the Congressmen involved has been informed that Speaker Paul Ryan read the opinion piece by Representative Tom Massie of Kentucky in the Wall Street Journal. Ryan is reported as saying the piece convinced him, more than ever, of the importance of national reciprocity.
Riiiiiiight. Let's see what actually happens. :roll: Also, lets hear what the excuses are prior to the next House election about why the Republicans couldn't get it passed during the last 2 years, despite having the House, Senate, and the WH. :roll:
The excuse is that they need 60 votes in the Senate which means that even if all Repbulicans go along with it, they still need eight Democrats.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

schmieg wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
A source close to the Congressmen involved has been informed that Speaker Paul Ryan read the opinion piece by Representative Tom Massie of Kentucky in the Wall Street Journal. Ryan is reported as saying the piece convinced him, more than ever, of the importance of national reciprocity.
Riiiiiiight. Let's see what actually happens. :roll: Also, lets hear what the excuses are prior to the next House election about why the Republicans couldn't get it passed during the last 2 years, despite having the House, Senate, and the WH. :roll:
The excuse is that they need 60 votes in the Senate which means that even if all Repbulicans go along with it, they still need eight Democrats.
So McConnell is willing to do the nuclear option for his health care bill but not reciprocity?

I consider concealed carry to be sort of health related, at least in regards to prevention of my injury or death in a violent encounter.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:So McConnell is willing to do the nuclear option for his health care bill but not reciprocity?

I consider concealed carry to be sort of health related, at least in regards to prevention of my injury or death in a violent encounter.
Since when has McConnell talked about the nuclear option for health care. I must have missed that.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Who needs the nuclear option. They want to filibuster a bill then force them to actually do it. Get their butt out of their seat, go to the podium, and speak. No tapping out, no potty breaks, no food breaks, etc. When they run out of BS to spew then vote. :evil:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:Who needs the nuclear option. They want to filibuster a bill then force them to actually do it. Get their butt out of their seat, go to the podium, and speak. No tapping out, no potty breaks, no food breaks, etc. When they run out of BS to spew then vote. :evil:
That would require a change to the Senate rules for cloture - in other words, the nuclear option.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WY_Not wrote:Who needs the nuclear option. They want to filibuster a bill then force them to actually do it. Get their butt out of their seat, go to the podium, and speak. No tapping out, no potty breaks, no food breaks, etc. When they run out of BS to spew then vote. :evil:
The legislative schedule is short as it is...and Ted Cruz famously read Green Eggs and Ham on the Senate floor. How much reading do you want them to do so that they can fund-raise off of it?

BTW, there's another debt ceiling / budget showdown on the horizon. How much of the clock are you willing to simply hand them?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Oh no! A government shutdown! How will any of us manage to go about our daily lives without the hand of government to guide us? :roll:

The more they bloviate the safer we and our wallets are. The more they vote the more harm they do.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

News reports say Scalise is back in the hospital in serious condition with an infection.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Yes, I'm sorry to hear this. I thought he was out of the woods already.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/rep-steve-scal ... d=48470790
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Passing out of his woods is going to take a long, long time. It may be months before he even approaches what will pass as his new normal.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Infection from clothing dirt pushed into the wound is an explanation doctors in hospitals like to give. To me it's more likely your "run of the mill" seriously-resistant-to-antibiotics stash infections that you won't find anywhere else BUT a hospital.

In any event I hope he fully recovers.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I don't blame this on one deranged individual...it is the collective fault of Democrats...all of them...and their supporters in the media. Hodgkinson was just a piece of meat...a "tool" if you will, but they provided the inspiration.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Brian D. wrote:Infection from clothing dirt pushed into the wound is an explanation doctors in hospitals like to give. To me it's more likely your "run of the mill" seriously-resistant-to-antibiotics stash infections that you won't find anywhere else BUT a hospital.

In any event I hope he fully recovers.
Or bowel got hit. That has lots of bacteria.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
docachna

Post by docachna »

Brian D. wrote:Infection from clothing dirt pushed into the wound is an explanation doctors in hospitals like to give. To me it's more likely your "run of the mill" seriously-resistant-to-antibiotics stash infections that you won't find anywhere else BUT a hospital.
My wife had her second total knee replacement a month ago. We demanded that her room be marked "gloves and gown" for ALL persons entering, right down to the cafeteria orderlies. Didn't make many friends in the ortho ward. Couldn't care less. Big old rack hanging on her door with hairnets, gloves, gowns, so they don't ................. forget.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Use of Force review of shooting incident completed..
http://www.guns.com/2017/10/19/report-u ... ll-attack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alexandria Commonwealth Attorney Bryan Porter concluded in his 41-page report that “it was reasonable – indeed it was necessary – for (the officers) to use deadly force in order to repel the assault and neutralize the threat.”

“The facts presented in this case are so clear-cut and so obviously required the agents and officers to use deadly force that one might question why my office even conducted this review,” Porter wrote. “The answer is self-evident: the facts cannot be considered ‘clear-cut’ until their totality is known and sufficiently analyzed.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson