Cgrsmn Scalise & police shot-Alexandria Va baseball practice

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Cgrsmn Scalise & police shot-Alexandria Va baseball prac

Post by Mr. Glock »

M-Q/ Cruiser: We can't give up to the MSM narrative on this point. There are Good Guys with guns and Bad Guys with guns. That's it.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:I certainly hope the next governor of Virginia is a Republican!!
I can't take many more years of people like this idiot.

Watch this short video:
"We lose 93 million americans a day to gun violence"

That should thin the herd. A LOT!!
If he were correct, there wouldn't be enough taxpayers left to pay his salary.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
bernie.45

Post by bernie.45 »

Thank God the slob was a democrat, if he was a conservative he would of shot 10 x more people; and I don't care how the left perceive this.................it's funny as hell.

Just saying he's a bad shot.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZzjGYy ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At 1:00, after the governor makes his specious claim, look at the cop in the grey uniform on the right side of the image and check his reaction.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

AlanM wrote:I certainly hope the next governor of Virginia is a Republican!!
I can't take many more years of people like this idiot.

Watch this short video:
"We lose 93 million americans a day to gun violence"

That should thin the herd. A LOT!!
You're not kidding. If this is true, I'd better get the bunker ready now. The entire population of the US will be gone in 4 days :shock:
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/barry ... le/2625970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So this GOP Rep from Georgia thinks that maybe his Georgia carry license ought to cover him to carry in Washington DC.
Of course, he wants this as some kind of allowance for members of Congress, not necessarily for the rest of us.

Looks like some folks are getting some reality splashed in their face. :shock:

Also:
Earlier Wednesday, Rep. Chris Collins, R-N.Y., said that he plans to carry a handgun at public events.

"If you look at the vulnerability, I can assure you from this day forward, I have a carrier permit. I will be carrying when I'm out and about," Collins said in a radio interview in Buffalo.
Wow, he managed to get a carry license in the State of New York, not exactly an easy task. And as a sitting Representative, I'm certain that he must travel an awful lot. I wonder if he's sat down with his dog-eared copy of "The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws in the 50 States" or perhaps Gary Slider's fantastic website, http://www.handgunlaw.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He must well-polished on precisely how he'll legally carry while he is "out & about."

:roll:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sevens wrote:http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/barry ... le/2625970
So this GOP Rep from Georgia thinks that maybe his Georgia carry license ought to cover him to carry in Washington DC.
Of course, he wants this as some kind of allowance for members of Congress, not necessarily for the rest of us.

Looks like some folks are getting some reality splashed in their face. :shock:

Also:
Earlier Wednesday, Rep. Chris Collins, R-N.Y., said that he plans to carry a handgun at public events.

"If you look at the vulnerability, I can assure you from this day forward, I have a carrier permit. I will be carrying when I'm out and about," Collins said in a radio interview in Buffalo.
Wow, he managed to get a carry license in the State of New York, not exactly an easy task. And as a sitting Representative, I'm certain that he must travel an awful lot. I wonder if he's sat down with his dog-eared copy of "The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws in the 50 States" or perhaps Gary Slider's fantastic website, http://www.handgunlaw.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought it was not so tough for a resident to get a New York state carry license, depending on locality. But virtually impossible to get one for NYC, which is NOT covered by the state-issued license.

He must well-polished on precisely how he'll legally carry while he is "out & about."

:roll:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I'd say the time is ripe for an all out push for national reciprocity while this is still fresh in the minds of the legislators.

Have to include DC in that also.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Not ever my intention to be two-faced but I'm still horribly conflicted on at least two angles of "National Reciprocity."

I say this also not with the intention of a thread-drift, but mostly because my position may appear odd given my post in this discussion.

I will however stand firm in the idea that any Congressman or hell, any politician at ANY level shall be enlightened, at least a tiny bit, if he sees some of the frustration that we (the people) have existed under since... oh, pick a date. 1968 seems fairly recent. Plenty of valid dates could be offered.

Oh, also:
Constitutional Carry >>> "national reciprocity"
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Forgive the unintended ambiguity...

I should have been more clear and used only a single "GREATER THAN" symbol. ;)
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Cruiser wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:Remember when the Democrats were all up in arms about the Tea Party? Seems kind of quaint now that the political tables are turned.

Just glad they had a good guy with a gun there.
Watching the news an hour or so and there is no mention of anyone shooting back except for the Capital Police!
Not sure I would want to. A firefight between the good and bad guys is a bad place to start shooting at the bad guy without the good guys knowing who and what you are IMO. If I had a good and close kill shot at bad guy would be more likely to shoot I think.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

No it's not an AK variant. but then again I guess everything is an AK47 to the MSM, amiright ?

http://abc7chicago.com/news/at-least-6- ... d/2097235/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Traces are still being done on the two firearms recovered at the scene -- an SKS rifle 7.62 (which is a Chinese-made AK variant) and a 9 mm pistol, a law enforcement source tells CNN.
Deputies said he had a valid FOID card
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In Belleville, Hodgkinson had purchased at least three guns, all from a local gun dealer, and had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, a source said. Among those three guns was an SKS assault rifle, the source said.

Fake news sources reported it as an M4
http://gunfreezone.net/index.php/2017/0 ... ike-again/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

SKS an Assault Rifle? It was never produced in a fully-automatic version and, as built, only has a fixed 10 round magazine. Perfect for California.

Yes, aftermarket detachable mags are available but highly unreliable. Considering eyewitness accounts said he was "loading and unloading all the time" , that sounds like the 10 stripper clips he'd need for 100 rounds.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Are there any photos of the actual weapon used? Like whether the SKS had a detachable mag well or had a fixed magazine?
docachna

Post by docachna »

What REALLY bothered me was hearing who was apparently the protective detail screaming at the BG, "Drop the gun !" or similar. This was from cell phone video taken by a neighborhood guy who just happened to be walking his dog when the guy opened up.

This guy's already raking a crowd with rifle fire, and you're pleading with him to drop it ????

Take him out ! He's past reason at this point.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE