Cgrsmn Scalise & police shot-Alexandria Va baseball practice

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Cgrsmn Scalise & police shot-Alexandria Va baseball prac

Post by Cruiser »

docachna wrote:What REALLY bothered me was hearing who was apparently the protective detail screaming at the BG, "Drop the gun !" or similar. This was from cell phone video taken by a neighborhood guy who just happened to be walking his dog when the guy opened up.

This guy's already raking a crowd with rifle fire, and you're pleading with him to drop it ????

Take him out ! He's past reason at this point.
One explanation I read, that it was the officers training kicking in. Pretty much an automatic response!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Mr. Glock wrote:SKS an Assault Rifle? It was never produced in a fully-automatic version and, as built, only has a fixed 10 round magazine. Perfect for California.
the SKS was actually banned and confiscated in California around 1999 through their sksbuyback program.
First they made people register them, then a couple years later determined they should be banned and confiscated.
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/informat ... asp?ID=195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Illinois?
But...but...don't they have a bundle of "common sense" gun laws there? Aren't they, like, a model state, or something, for "common sense"?....

Oh, yeah...they're also financially bankrupt (which naturally flows from moral, intellectual, philosophical, ideological or spiritual bankruptcy)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

bernie.45 wrote:Thank God the slob was a democrat, if he was a conservative he would of shot 10 x more people; and I don't care how the left perceive this.................it's funny as hell.

Just saying he's a bad shot.
Not funny...but I have to admit as I heard the witnesses saying he had an assault rifle and a pistol and fired 50-100 shots and wounded 4, my first thought was a snowflake who couldn't handle a gun and I did chuckle at the thought...
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

catfish86 wrote:
bernie.45 wrote:Thank God the slob was a democrat, if he was a conservative he would of shot 10 x more people; and I don't care how the left perceive this.................it's funny as hell.

Just saying he's a bad shot.
Not funny...but I have to admit as I heard the witnesses saying he had an assault rifle and a pistol and fired 50-100 shots and wounded 4, my first thought was a snowflake who couldn't handle a gun and I did chuckle at the thought...
I'd say IF he was using an SKS with a fixed magazine using stripper clips, on a strictly technical level he did pretty good. I heard that after shooting the first two easy victims, the 2 person security detail started firing at him, and that distracted his attention away from the other people (who took cover) Allegedly the 2 officers were at one point behind a black SUV returning fire. It's a good lesson for both the unarmed and armed victims to utilize cover or concealment if you got it.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Somebody help me out here. Somewhere I saw or heard a blurb on the news about how Hodgkinson legally purchased his guns through a dealer. Yet, at other times I've heard he's had a bunch of police contacts in the past. I don't recall specifically what his past incidents were...but they sounded to me like he'd be disqualified by the NICS check, if not the 4473.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

glocksmith wrote:Somebody help me out here. Somewhere I saw or heard a blurb on the news about how Hodgkinson legally purchased his guns through a dealer. Yet, at other times I've heard he's had a bunch of police contacts in the past. I don't recall specifically what his past incidents were...but they sounded to me like he'd be disqualified by the NICS check, if not the 4473.
I posted some of his history earlier in this thread.. of course it's history as reported by the media..
http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... 5#p4376598" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And they said he has a FOID card required to purchase firearms in Illinois.

maybe he was never convicted for any of those prior acts ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

In March, Hodgkinson met with sheriff's deputies in Illinois after they received calls that he fired 50 shots on his property. He had a valid firearms owner's identification card, and authorities determined that no law was violated.

Another incident took place in 2006, involving alleged domestic battery and unlawful discharge of a shotgun. That case was dismissed.

Separately, Hodgkinson had an extensive history of traffic violations and petty offenses in St. Clair County, Illinois, spanning from 1989 to 2011, according to online county court records. The vast majority of the cases were traffic violations, and nearly all of them were dismissed. The most recent conviction on his record was for a petty offense of failure to obtain an electrical contractor's license in 2009.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

FBI Report on Shooting.. They still don't identify what 9mm pistol he had. but do call out the minor modifications to the SKS he bought in March of 2003.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-of ... a-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prior to his travel, local law enforcement in Belleville had been called to Hodgkinson’s residence due to complaints of target practice he was conducting on his property. Local law enforcement requested he keep the noise down but determined Hodgkinson was not in violation of any local laws. Hodgkinson’s prior criminal record includes a charge of domestic battery in 2006.
Charge but no conviction so not a prohibited person.
The investigation thus far determined that Hodgkinson purchased his SKS 7.62mm caliber rifle in March 2003 and 9mm handgun in November 2016 legally through federal firearms licensees. The investigation has determined that there were cartridges found to be chambered in the SKS rifle and the FBI’s Evidence Response Team found 9mm and 7.62mm shell casings on scene. The SKS rifle was modified to accept a detachable magazine and the original stock was replaced with a folding stock.
Firearms obtained legally through FFL
Hodgkinson made numerous posts on all of his social media accounts espousing anti-Republican views, although all the posts reviewed thus far appear to be First Amendment-protected speech. The morning of the shooting, a witness reported Hodgkinson asking them, “Is this the Republican or Democrat baseball team?” When the witness responded that it was a Republican event, Hodgkinson reportedly remained at the baseball field.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/44 ... ing-points" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Mr. Slater said Mr. Hodgkinson was running out of money at the time of the shooting. His marriage of 30 years was also crumbling. And he had been taking prescription medication, though Mr. Slater declined to describe it.
Not surprising that a man of his age and build had a daily cocktail of pills, but it would be interesting to know which kinds.

deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:maybe he was never convicted for any of those prior acts ?
It was Illinois.

He was a Democrat activist, wasn't he?

Maybe he had "clout"...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

This is repulsive. A Nebraska Democrat politician was caught on an audio recording saying "I'm glad he got shot, I wish he was (expletive) dead." Democrats around the nation desperately want us to think this guy is an aberration...the exception and not the rule...but we know better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... e014ccff99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEHId9t6f1c
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

glocksmith wrote:Democrats around the nation desperately want us to think this guy is an aberration...the exception and not the rule...but we know better.
Let's see:
  • John Wilkes Booth
  • Nathan Bedford Forrest
  • Byron de la Beckwith
  • Bull Conner
  • James Earl Ray
Yeah, he's one of a kind alright...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Several Congressmen have said that having personal weapons at the ball field could have mitigated or shortened the attack. Representative Mo Brooks from Alabama said that he could have mounted an effective defensive action. From the washingtonpost.com:
Brooks, who took cover in the first-base dugout during the shooting, said that if he had had his pistol he would have fired at the gunman “with a surprise short-range attack.”

“As a consequence of none of us in that dugout having the ability to defend ourselves, that shooter was able to wound three more people,” he said.
Early efforts for legislation to reform the rigid District of Columbia gun laws have morphed into calls to pass national reciprocity, including the D.C. in the reciprocity formula.

It would be rational for such legislation to cover all territiories that are under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Constitution, including federal territories such at the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, and U.S. Samoa.

A source close to the Congressmen involved has been informed that Speaker Paul Ryan read the opinion piece by Representative Tom Massie of Kentucky in the Wall Street Journal. Ryan is reported as saying the piece convinced him, more than ever, of the importance of national reciprocity.

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

A source close to the Congressmen involved has been informed that Speaker Paul Ryan read the opinion piece by Representative Tom Massie of Kentucky in the Wall Street Journal. Ryan is reported as saying the piece convinced him, more than ever, of the importance of national reciprocity.
Riiiiiiight. Let's see what actually happens. :roll: Also, lets hear what the excuses are prior to the next House election about why the Republicans couldn't get it passed during the last 2 years, despite having the House, Senate, and the WH. :roll: