Apply for your film permit, or the police may open fire

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Apply for your film permit, or the police may open fire

Post by Bruenor »

When you are filming your music video and staging an armed carjacking in the middle of a public street, you might want to consider applying for a filming permit, and notifying authorities, to keep from being shot at by police.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... video.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A music video in Detroit was interrupted when police began firing at the unwitting participants, believing it was an armed carjacking.

Officers arrived at the scene on Saturday at around 7pm to find a Jeep pulled up alongside an Aston Martin in the middle of Six Mile Road.

Police apparently saw two men approaching the Aston Martin with weapons.

Cops then responded by firing three shots.
I wonder what the charges against the men they arrested are. Idiots.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Apply for your film permit, or the police may open fire

Post by catfish86 »

Yeah, there was a murder charge against a filmmaker a while back that filmed on a railroad bridge with permission and ended up with dead folks. Sometimes filmmakers believe they are above reality.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
STX440Case

Post by STX440Case »

catfish86 wrote:Yeah, there was a murder charge against a filmmaker a while back that filmed on a railroad bridge with permission and ended up with dead folks. Sometimes filmmakers believe they are above reality.
The producers asked for permission from CSX Railroad, and were subsequently denied in writing but trespassed onto the bridge anyway to shoot the scene for the movie "Midnight Rider".

http://nypost.com/2015/03/09/movie-dire ... ew-member/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RichN

Post by RichN »

3 shots fired, but no one injured. I'd say someone needs more training.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)