Cereal Killer?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Cereal Killer?

Post by sd790 »

This is a new one...

Suspect allegedly shot man with shotgun shell filled with cereal

From the article:
Investigation reveals that Glass fired a flare gun loaded with a shotgun shell filled with Rice Krispies, according to detectives.

Maybe we should change the rules at Fun-n-Gun for next year. :lol:
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Cereal Killer?

Post by bignflnut »

I guess Rice Krispies are easier to get than a gun, in at least one instance.
“We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to by a Glock than to get his hands on a computer” —@POTUS

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) July 12, 2016
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Face

Post by Face »

Quaker - years and years ago " Shot from guns" and showed a cannon shooting some kind of cereal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpS6LHeBC0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Face wrote:Quaker - years and years ago " Shot from guns" and showed a cannon shooting some kind of cereal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpS6LHeBC0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That used to be done at the Quaker facility in Akron. The rice or wheat grains were placed in a pressure vessel raised to a high pressure with air then release very quickly causing the grains to puff up like popcorn (sort of)
The puffed grain was transported to the canal underground by way of a steel tube and high air flow.
Basically the puffed cereal was blown down the pipe. The flowing grain eventually eroded the ~2" thick tube walls and there was a cereal "volcano" on Main St. in Akron.
When Quaker Square was a shopping mall and Hilton Hotel there was a photo of the volcano on display.
That Hilton was, supposedly, the only hotel with round rooms.
The converted grain silos are now Akron U. dormitory rooms.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Alan:

Back when Quaker Square was somewhat new, the wife and I used to visit occasionally. It's about 60 miles from me....

Even had Becka with us once. She got a kick out of the locomotives parked there.

Next visit (Becka was with Sherri's parents, I think), the only thing left was a somewhat grungy diner-like thing. I don't know if the "mall" still existed and was just closed, or what. The bigger restaurant (not bad, btw) was in use for a private party. I'm not sure if it otherwise was available. The "diner" wasn't bad, but....

Next time, on the way home from Columbus, we took a chance and drove past. Dead.... (I'm not sure about the UofA dorms.)

I really miss that place, though. Bought a whole mess of stuff, too :D.... (They had a nice jewelry store :mrgreen: . Unfortunately, Sherri found it.)

There was a similar facility in Greenville SC. No idea whether it's still there. At our last visit, they had a lot of "Spice of Life" pottery. Turned out to cost the same here, and I paid a ton in fuel to haul it here, but the secondary pieces - butter dish, for example, were cheaper there. Since I had to drive past a sort of strip mall in Spartanburg (somewhat regularly), I used to stop there for "fill in" pieces. Two or three times a year.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם