Chase lock down today

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bernie.45

Chase lock down today

Post by bernie.45 »

:shock: Chase on Polaris was on lock down for over an hour and a 1/2 today with an active shooter. I know I was there.
12,000 people locked in rooms, offices, and cafeteria s. I wonder how much money they lost ..........OVER NOTHING .

Turns on someone saw some one with a holstered firearm and called the police. Not sure how it ended because we were LOCKED DOWN and had no more information. Just that the guy was LEGALLY CARRYING HIS WEAPON.

Baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh............bahhhhhhh...........baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh bunch of sheep...........

I did feel naked and helpless without my gun.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Chase lock down today

Post by cashman966 »

bernie.45 wrote::shock: Chase on Polaris was on lock down for over an hour and a 1/2 today with an active shooter. I know I was there.
12,000 people locked in rooms, offices, and cafeteria s. I wonder how much money they lost ..........OVER NOTHING .

Turns on someone saw some one with a holstered firearm and called the police. Not sure how it ended because we were LOCKED DOWN and had no more information. Just that the guy was LEGALLY CARRYING HIS WEAPON.

Baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh............bahhhhhhh...........baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh bunch of sheep...........

I too was there, so much conflicting information. He was seen outside the building, then it was that he was seen in the J wing. Sheriff's department says he was located, building security says he wasn't.... I work for the company that runs the cafeteria's and yes we lost quite a bit of money today over what turned out to be nothing. I'm sure the bank lost 100 times what we did in lost productivity.

However, the one result I do expect is that what used to be an unposted building to be sporting gunbuster signs before next week. Employees and contractors were already prohibited by work rule, now everyone else will be by sign.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

One of the TV stations reported that Chase employees saw someone "carrying a concealed handgun". Poorly, if so.
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

So a private business can implement a lockdown?. I would have thought it would equate to holding people in a place against their will. OP could you have left if you wanted to?
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Doubt that the private business implemented the lockdown (unless they have many doors that lock simultaneously at the push of a button). More likely that the officials that arrived insisted that nobody move, lest they be shot on sight.

Were the armored vehicles deployed? SWAT with rifles and armor?
Anybody know the response time?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I'd sure like to hear the 911 recording.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

cashman966 wrote:
bernie.45 wrote::shock: Chase on Polaris was on lock down for over an hour and a 1/2 today with an active shooter. I know I was there.

I too was there, so much conflicting information. He was seen outside the building, then it was that he was seen in the J wing. Sheriff's department says he was located, building security says he wasn't.... I work for the company that runs the cafeteria's and yes we lost quite a bit of money today over what turned out to be nothing. I'm sure the bank lost 100 times what we did in lost productivity.

However, the one result I do expect is that what used to be an unposted building to be sporting gunbuster signs before next week. Employees and contractors were already prohibited by work rule, now everyone else will be by sign.
I, OTOH, expect nothing of the sort.
Chase Bank has informed me more than once that they are gun friendly
Be a shame if they proved to be wrong about that
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I needed to get my badge photo updated at the main security office in McCoy and the holster was empty...sheesh... :oops:
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

bignflnut wrote:Doubt that the private business implemented the lockdown (unless they have many doors that lock simultaneously at the push of a button). More likely that the officials that arrived insisted that nobody move, lest they be shot
They could probably lock the doors to prevent anyone from getting in with the flip of a switch, but I doubt they could also lock exit doors (prevent emergency exit). That, I believe would be against fire code.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

cashman966 wrote:

Oops, I guess I better not take any more consulting business up there. I didn't realise they had a rule...
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Does anybody know if they posted or not?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Chuck wrote:Does anybody know if they posted or not?
I was on vacation last week, but I did not notice any new stickers when I went in today. But I did not really pay attention. I will check tomorrow.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Chuck wrote:Does anybody know if they posted or not?
Nothing yet, but employees and most contractors are prohibited by employment agreement already.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Thanks
So was that REALLY you?
Ain't activism fun?