New Ohio Firearms Group OCFCS

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

New Ohio Firearms Group OCFCS

Post by Bruenor »

Seems Gabby and Mark are taking aim on Ohio now, with their new Ohio Coalition for Common Sense. Looks like the Anti's are starting a lot of state level groups since their national groups aren't having the effect they want. Can we expect a Universal background check bill to be pushed for the Ohio ballot in the next election ? It's only common sense after all, even NRA members want background checks. that's my prediction.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ant ... hv3c22ezH/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“We are here to say one simple thing: ‘Enough.’ We are here to say it’s time for our leaders to do more to address the gun violence crisis that is tearing our communities apart and that makes our country and Ohio stand out in the worst of ways,” Kelly said at a press conference in Columbus on Wednesday.

The new group includes gun owners, veterans, police, domestic violence experts and business leaders. They’ll have their work cut out for them. Over the past 15 years, Ohio lawmakers have expanded gun rights and restricted local jurisdictions from passing gun control ordinances.

Kelly released a report that says gun violence costs Ohio taxpayers more than $540 million a year in health care, police and courts, work-related expenses.
https://www.facebook.com/AmericansForRe ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smells like Bloomberg cash
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Re: New Ohio Firearms Group OCFCS

Post by deanimator »

Have they talked to Tobie Hoover to find out what real humiliation feels like?

It wouldn't want it to come as a TOTAL surprise...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

There has been a recent uptick in violent crimes coinciding with the mass prison release and "smart" crime policies of the Obama administration coming home to roost...perhaps Project Exile would be in order punishing the shooters not the guns...but who am I.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Bruenor wrote:Seems Gabby and Mark are taking aim on Ohio now, with their new Ohio Coalition for Common Sense. Looks like the Anti's are starting a lot of state level groups since their national groups aren't having the effect they want. Can we expect a Universal background check bill to be pushed for the Ohio ballot in the next election ? It's only common sense after all, even NRA members want background checks. that's my prediction.

The proper response is to point out the universal background checks mean universal gun registration
Ask those folks in the same survey if they favor universal gun registration and the results are quite different

Their initials are very similar to ours
Maybe we should do something
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Chuck wrote:
Bruenor wrote:Seems Gabby and Mark are taking aim on Ohio now, with their new Ohio Coalition for Common Sense. Looks like the Anti's are starting a lot of state level groups since their national groups aren't having the effect they want. Can we expect a Universal background check bill to be pushed for the Ohio ballot in the next election ? It's only common sense after all, even NRA members want background checks. that's my prediction.

The proper response is to point out the universal background checks mean universal gun registration
Ask those folks in the same survey if they favor universal gun registration and the results are quite different

Their initials are very similar to ours
Maybe we should do something
Like have Bloomberg send the checks to us?
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

That WOULD be nice, wouldn't it?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)