Woman followed home by home invader gets shot by her

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Woman followed home by home invader gets shot by her

Post by M-Quigley »

http://jacksonville.com/news/public-saf ... ome-forced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A woman thwarted an apparent home-invasion robbery Wednesday morning by shooting her would-be assailant in the area of the 1600 block of North Myrtle Street, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

The suspect trailed the woman to her home in the Durkeeville neighborhood just before 10 a.m., then forced his way inside, according to police. When he tried to rob her, she grabbed a gun and shot him once in the torso, police said.
After leaving, the wounded criminal then called 911 for help.
MikeB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Woman followed home by home invader gets shot by her

Post by MikeB »

Is it me or does the title of this post imply that the woman that was being followed home was shot by a female home invader?
"Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

no not just you. I had to read the title several times as well to understand it
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I now see what you mean, I was posting late nt, early morning. Title should probably just be Woman shoots home invader, but I'm unable to edit it now. If someone can edit it and wishes to, that would be fine.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

M-Quigley wrote:After leaving, the wounded criminal then called 911 for help.
Let's see. So the guy is intent on committing a crime...he seeks out and eventually selects a victim...follows her home with the intent of committing a home invasion where he robs her and God knows what else he might have done if not interrupted by a gunshot...and after all that he's got the nerve to call 911 for EMS assistance. Almost hard to believe !!
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

glocksmith wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:After leaving, the wounded criminal then called 911 for help.
Let's see. So the guy is intent on committing a crime...he seeks out and eventually selects a victim...follows her home with the intent of committing a home invasion where he robs her and God knows what else he might have done if not interrupted by a gunshot...and after all that he's got the nerve to call 911 for EMS assistance. Almost hard to believe !!

There are some who would say that criminal having to call 911 for EMS instead of an innocent victim of crime is a good thing, and that there should be more of it. Not having the crime occur in the first place is the best thing, but if the criminal is out on the street and not locked up, it's the criminals choice on that matter.