Fox 45 TV to air segment on parents asking about guns

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Fox 45 TV to air segment on parents asking about guns

Post by M-Quigley »

Recently I saw a commercial for a news segment on Fox 45 in Dayton at 10pm monday 5/8/17 called
Special Report: Is there a gun in the house?

Before you let your child have a sleepover at a friend's house, there are usually a few things parents discuss first.

If your child has allergies, parents go through what the child can and can't have. But, how do you talk to other parents about gun safety in the home?

In a special report, Monday, May 8, Fox 45's Deborah Linz sits down with a local family to talk about broaching the delicate subject of gun safety in the home. It's a story you'll only see on Fox 45 News at 10 as we work to keep your family safe.
I can pretty much imagine based on past experience what they'll say. :roll:

http://fox45now.com/news/local/special- ... -the-house" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Notasmiff

Re: Fox 45 TV to air segment on parents asking about guns

Post by Notasmiff »

I assume it will lean anti gun, but gun safety around kids is never to be taken for granted.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

http://fox45now.com/news/local/special- ... -the-house" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's available on their website.
HancockCountyHaL
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Wasn't there a media conference sponsored by Bloomberg that suggested scripts and story lines for new media to push the agenda? I believe this is out of their script bag...sowing overblown stats on accidental deaths of children and suggesting parents grill their kid's friend's parents.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

catfish86 wrote:Wasn't there a media conference sponsored by Bloomberg that suggested scripts and story lines for new media to push the agenda? I believe this is out of their script bag...sowing overblown stats on accidental deaths of children and suggesting parents grill their kid's friend's parents.
He probably financially supports this website also, detailing not just asking, but the questions a parent should supposedly ask. I guess at least fox45 didn't go as far as this site says.

http://ncjwcleveland.org/ask/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you find that there is a gun in the home where your child will visit…

Ask if the gun is unloaded
Ask if the gun is stored in a locked place
Ask if the ammunition is stored seperately

If you own a gun and do all of the above, you obviously don't own one for defensive purposes
(unless you're delusional) That might work if you're the Flash, but then you probably wouldn't need a defensive gun anyway. It also might work if the attacker calls you to tell you he's coming over to kill you, as happened to someone at least once that I know of . :roll: The victim did call 911, and was told by the dispatcher that if the caller happened to arrive before the police get there to take a report, to call them back. (He did)
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

If you find that there is a gun in the home where your child will visit…

Ask if the gun is unloaded
Ask if the gun is stored in a locked place
Ask if the ammunition is stored seperately

I wonder if Bloomturd's security is carrying unloaded guns and they have the ammo locked in their vehicals. :roll:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Ah, but those men and women are professionals! :roll:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio