Jimmy John's robbed with jammed gun

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Jimmy John's robbed with jammed gun

Post by AlanM »

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories ... /517208929

People on another forum are complimenting the cashier for staying calm with a gun pointed at his head.
Too bad he didn't have a concealed weapon on him.

As an aside, I'm impress with the quality of the surveillance video.
The perp is easily identifiable if someone drops a dime on him.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Jimmy John's robbed with jammed gun

Post by qmti »

Jimmy Johns must have spent the 'dough' for a quality CCTV system. Most are grainy upon reviewing the video. Remarkable how calm the dude was under the gun.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

What a clown! If I were going to rob someone I would have a round chambered and grabbed some cookies too. Oops! Another charge for shoplifting 8)
The worker didn't seem to notice the jam of even care if he got pistol slapped.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

KC police caught him pretty quickly. Apparently he'd been doing the same thing for several hours that day. Also, the guy had very recently gotten out of jail/prison.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Brian D. wrote:KC police caught him pretty quickly. Apparently he'd been doing the same thing for several hours that day. Also, the guy had very recently gotten out of jail/prison.
Say it ain't so - he can't get a gun if he is a criminal - there are laws against that!
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

AlanM wrote:http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories ... /517208929

People on another forum are complimenting the cashier for staying calm with a gun pointed at his head.
Too bad he didn't have a concealed weapon on him.
What's Jimmy Johns policy on employees carrying? Plus, some people don't want to risk getting into a potential shootout merely to protect the companies money. It's not like it comes out of their pay.
AlanM wrote:As an aside, I'm impress with the quality of the surveillance video.
The perp is easily identifiable if someone drops a dime on him.
I am too. Sometimes the video is so poor you can't even tell the crook is human. :(
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I actually sold a gun inside a Jimmy John's one time. None of the employees had an issue.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

pirateguy191 wrote:I actually sold a gun inside a Jimmy John's one time. None of the employees had an issue.
That's not exactly what I meant. When a relative of mine worked at a major retail establishment, they didn't have any rules against non employees carrying, either openly or concealed. Employees however, not only weren't allowed to carry, they weren't even allowed to resist a robbery by any other means either. If you did anything other than cooperate with whatever the demands were, as long as the demands were the companies money, you risked getting fired. Even if you were being physically assaulted, you weren't allowed to have anything on you that was considered primarily a weapon. For example, switchblade knife, no, boxcutter yes. Most of the time they didn't have any store security either. After a mass shooting, another relative concerned for her safety asked her if her store had any plan on dealing with a mass shooter, besides just running, hiding, and calling 911. The answer was hope and pray some customer who is carrying a gun just happens to be in there at the time. :(
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I woke up at 1Am with the realization that the perp jammed his gun by not jacking the slide properly.
If he weren't an unthinking, unprepared, idiot he would:
1. have checked that the gun was loaded BEFORE entering the store. Which brings up the question: "Did he jack a round out EVERY time he robbed a store just for the intimidation factor?"
2. have known to NOT cover the ejection port when cycling the slide which prevented the chambered round from being ejected.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.