Check out video of guard stopping an attacker with a hammer

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Check out video of guard stopping an attacker with a hammer

Post by M-Quigley »

http://nextshark.com/korean-woman-attac ... -won-yang/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A security guard responded to the scene after hearing the woman’s scream and with the aid of another man held the suspect down until police arrived.

The attack, which was witnessed by several people, lasted for 45 seconds. Unfortunately for the victim, no one dared to intervene during the vicious, unprovoked assault.

“I went outside and I just saw the guy hitting the lady with the hammer,” witness Karen Orellana was quoted as saying. “I was scared because that could happen to anyone here.”
Some interesting observations in the video, such as the guy on a cell phone behind the attacker looking very casual, and how the one citizen who does get involved kicks the guy in the back after he's dropped the hammer and is standing there with his hands up. It's unknown however if the suspect was instructed to get down and didn't comply, no audio. Also interesting is what the security guard does after getting the guy stopped with his hands up. There is no way I would've ever turned my back on a suspect like that, particularly at that distance and with the suspect still facing me.