ATF reforms NFA branch

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

ATF reforms NFA branch

Post by Bruenor »

One would hope it reduces the wait times.

http://www.recoilweb.com/atf-goes-throu ... 27570.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In an attempt to better provide oversight, cut down wait times, and increase efficiency, two distinct new branches have been formed: The Industry Processing Branch (NFA IPB) and the Government Support Branch (NFA GSB).

The NFA IPB is responsible for industry forms processing and working towards refining current operations.

The duties of the NFA GSB include processing SOT applications, government transfers, exemptions, and expediting LEO/Gov requests.

Furthermore, a new NFA Division Staff Program Office has been formed to manage publications, FOIA requests, respond to data calls, and oversee the vetting of statistical data.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Re: ATF reforms NFA branch

Post by Brian D. »

On the surface this sounds like some "winning" thanks to the new POTUS. Now, let's see if the entrenched wonks in the trenches are willing to carry out these efficiency-increasing measures.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Still waiting on my stamp....since July 2016.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

evan price wrote:Still waiting on my stamp....since July 2016.
Still waiting since..... oh dear....November 2016.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

The Electronically filed Form 1 Trust, that I submitted in June 2016 came back last month. so 9 months turn around for something that used to take far less time

http://www.nfatracker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

Me too... :cry: