Cop shoots Cop at Tulsa Gun show (video).

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Cop shoots Cop at Tulsa Gun show (video).

Post by JU-87 »

Video of poorly trained Cop shooting pistol at a Gun show. :roll: He must be part of the "Thin Blue Line " between Cops and...Cops! What an IDIOT!

“The Only One who Can be Trusted…”
Like many gunshows, Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show requires all firearms to be unloaded and cleared for safety. Because only trained professionals can handle firearms without shooting each other!

As we began to watch this, we were expecting the guy in the shorts to ND, because, after all, he was the show attendee, and the security guys are trained professionals. Right.

Watch as trained professional Brian Pounds (left in the POLICE sweatshirt) plays with a .22 and surprises himself with a shot, which banks nicely off the cinderblock wall and strikes fellow trained professional Rick Treadwell (seated far right, in POLICE sweatshirt) in the hand.
http://weaponsman.com/?p=40390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
pirateguy191

Re: Cop shoots Cop at Tulsa Gun show (video).

Post by pirateguy191 »

The shooter isn't a real cop.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Triple negative!

“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A Tulsa County Assessor’s Office employee was charged Friday with reckless conduct with a firearm in connection with the accidental discharge of a gun during the Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show on April 1.

SNIP

A probable cause affidavit states that Pounds, 48, a former Tulsa County reserve deputy and now a reserve officer for the Collinsville Police Department, was working as a security officer at the main entrance to the gun show at Expo Square when he inspected a weapon but failed to clear it while pointing it over Treadwell’s head.
Can we agree that someone on the government payroll has trained/vetted him, and that he currently draws a government paycheck for acting like an officer of the law?

Should he be charged for impersonating an officer?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

bignflnut wrote:

LOLOLOL
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

He's not a cop.
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Tulsa County District Attorney's office filed a charge against a security guard whose gun accidentally went off during a gun show at the fairgrounds last weekend.
Brian Pounds faces a misdemeanor count of reckless conduct with a firearm. Pounds was working security at the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show on Saturday, April 1, 2017 when the incident happened.

Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Justin Green said the incident hurt former TCSO Sgt. Rick Treadwell, who was also working security.

Treadwell had told investigators he did not want charges to be filed. Pounds is a Tulsa County Assessor’s Office employee and former candidate for Tulsa County commissioner. He also served as a reserve deputy under former Sheriff Stanley Glanz.
http://www.newson6.com/story/35099038/s ... a-gun-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

machinegunkelly

Post by machinegunkelly »

I was at that show, between 10am and 4pm.
I don't know what time it's occured but I didn't find out about it until it hit the forums.
Huge show, supposedly largest in world.
You can carry thru parking area to security, they bag your ammunition and magazines, zip tie your firearm.
You then pick up your ammo on your way out
Reload and walk out.
No walking thru parking lot with cash or unloaded firearms as a sitting duck.
MGK
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I believe that the actual quote you were looking for was "I am the only one professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock Fo-Tay (...followed by "BANG!", hole in leg, pain, blood and a very calm DEA officer who continues with his gun safety lesson to gathered school children who then attempts to pick up an AR-15/M-16/M-4 and continue his lesson when someone steps in and talks him out of handling a rifle within seconds of shooting himself in the leg with his own issued handgun.)

Or something like that... so completely preposterous and ludicrous that it sounds like a "made for cable" B-movie but in fact actually happened with a Federal Agent.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Chuck wrote:
bignflnut wrote:

LOLOLOL
In all seriousness, if he has on a sweatshirt that states "Police" and is not an LEO, it sounds to me like he was impersonating an officer.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

OhioPaints wrote:
In all seriousness, if he has on a sweatshirt that states "Police" and is not an LEO, it sounds to me like he was impersonating an officer.
In some if not most jurisdictions, you bet that would be unlawful. Often though, there is gray area concerning the wearer's "intent".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Uhmm... I picked it up way back when I saw them in concert. :mrgreen: Not imitating anyone. Just a fan of their music. Yeah, that is the ticket.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Brian D. wrote:
OhioPaints wrote:
In some if not most jurisdictions, you bet that would be unlawful. Often though, there is gray area concerning the wearer's "intent".

I've seen some of the local grocery stores that have armed security guards with "Police" shirts on. There is no reference on the shirts as to what city they are "Police" in. I tend to believe they are armed security guards.....nothing more.

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

OhioPaints wrote: In all seriousness, if he has on a sweatshirt that states "Police" and is not an LEO, it sounds to me like he was impersonating an officer.
The article said he is a reserve officer for the Collinsville Police Department. So there's that.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.