Cleve mayor says Availability of guns to blame for violence

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Cleve mayor says Availability of guns to blame for violence

Post by Bruenor »

24 Min video of press conference.
http://www.guns.com/2017/03/28/clevelan ... shootings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said Monday the “availability of guns” has played a key role in the recent rash of shootings across the city.

“I will tell you that from our point of view, mine in particular, that it is about the availability of guns,” Jackson said at a Monday press conference, held to address a weekend of violence that left five people killed, three of them juveniles.

“Availability of guns in the hands of those who are not legally, do not legally have the right to have them,” Jackson said. “And in this case particularly juveniles, children, who have guns and the access they have to those guns and the type of guns that they have results in death.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Re: Cleve mayor says Availability of guns to blame for viole

Post by Brian D. »

Okay good he can set an example by getting rid of his police security detail. They got guns, which Jackson says are bad, right?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:Okay good he can set an example by getting rid of his police security detail. They got guns, which Jackson says are bad, right?
The only way to fix this is more gun buy backs. :) :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Oh I'm sorry. 1st cup of joe on day off, I thought the title was ''Clever mayor...''

Imagine in my morning fog, trying to figure out the article for the 1st few lines. However, I am still foggy attempting to figure out his bad english, why didn't he also say ''resultses''
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

“Availability of guns in the hands of those who are not legally, do not legally have the right to have them,” Jackson said.
Brian D. wrote:Okay good he can set an example by getting rid of his police security detail. They got guns, which Jackson says are bad, right?
Don't see the connection. His security detail is legally empowered to have them. The mayor seemed to carefully pick his words about who he was talking about. Or are there more quotes to this than reported in the news story?
747tech

Post by 747tech »

With that logic cars cause drunk driving. The man is a moron!
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Pretty sure Cleveland has a safe storage ordinance. Pretty sure because OFCC has a lawsuit over it (and many other anti-9.68 ordinances). That ordinance has NOT been stopped by the courts yet.

Thus, what we see here is admission that even with the full effect of law behind their good intentions the Mayor and his anti-gun compadres have NOT reduced violence at all. They continue to blame the same things. The logic used to pass the ordinance is now shattered. :idea:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Heaven forbid the mayor and his stooges hold he people actually committing the acts of violence responsible for their actions rather than an inanimate object. :roll:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

If I lived closer, I would get myself invited to Mayor Jackson's press conferences and pose some pointed questions to hizzoner.
MyWifeSaidYes
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:If I lived closer, I would get myself invited to Mayor Jackson's press conferences and pose some pointed questions to hizzoner.

I would buy a ticket to that show!
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

Actually, he has the cause/effect relationship revered.

Violence (or the love of it) is to blame for the availability of guns. :twisted:
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark