Fights & Flash Mob Break Out At IX Center

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Fights & Flash Mob Break Out At IX Center

Post by JustaShooter »

CLEVELAND - The IX Center was forced to close early on its second day of the 2017 season after chaos broke out late Saturday night.

Cleveland Police tell WKYC that a flash mob was scheduled, but ended in fights and 5 arrests.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/flash-mob-lead ... /425609581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) – Cleveland police, surrounding departments and multiple EMS units were called to the I-X Center in Cleveland Saturday evening after receiving reports of several people fighting.
http://wkbn.com/2017/03/26/fights-flash ... -arrested/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of particular interest:
Three adults were arrested and charged with weapons violations
Unpossible. The IX Center is a posted Gun Free Zone. Someone must have gotten the story wrong, surely it was all peace, love, and rainbows...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
deanimator

Re: Fights & Flash Mob Break Out At IX Center

Post by deanimator »

Funny how that never happened at an OGCA show at the IX...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Do they specify guns? It says weapons.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:Do they specify guns? It says weapons.
True, I probably should have said "weapons free zone" - although, one report I read did say that someone shouted "gun!" during the conflict, I have not yet seen that confirmed, nor that the weapons violations were gun-related.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I thought flash mobs gathered into a big public place subtly, then on cue broke out into a big show tune style sing and dance number?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

It doesn't sound like the weapons were actually in the I-X Center. I heard, at least in one instance, when the melee went outside the building, the guy ran to his car and grabbed his heater.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Brian D. wrote:I thought flash mobs gathered into a big public place subtly, then on cue broke out into a big show tune style sing and dance number?
Flash Mob is any gathering initiated by Social Media.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Brian D. wrote:I thought flash mobs gathered into a big public place subtly, then on cue broke out into a big show tune style sing and dance number?
A flash mob is really any activity that appears spontaneous but is in fact organized through social media. Whether the group acts maliciously or not isn't really part of it. I think the term has evolved though, more so because the fad of gathering for a spontaneous song and dance came and went, leaving us with the hoodlum gatherings which were originally called flash robs, a play on the term flash mob.

Similarly, back in the day hackers were people who were really good at computers, not necessarily criminal miscreants. Those folks were looked upon with disdain and called crackers by the true hackers, much like I'm sure the old school flash mobbers dislike the flash robbers. But time marches on and the bad guys got to claim the term for themselves. We'll have to wait and see who gets to claim title to the term; we get to watch the evolution of the English language right before our very eyes.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Gang, I was being sarcastic/ironic/hilarious/loveable.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Brian D. wrote:Gang, I was being sarcastic/ironic/hilarious/loveable.
I was waiting for the Sharks and the Jets to come singing and dancing out of an alley while snapping their fingers!
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George