Good Samaritan with permit shoots Florida deputy's attacker

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hall1343

Good Samaritan with permit shoots Florida deputy's attacker

Post by hall1343 »

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34846661/wit ... n-shooting

"Strother (the attacker) was shot and killed by a civilian, Ashad Russell, a witness to the whole incident with a concealed weapons permit and gun. All three shots hit Strother. "

"Interesting note - there were no 911 calls made from the scene."
No one thought to call but numerous people thought to catch the incident on their camera ("They <the States Attorney's Office> took in about a dozen videos and photos from witnesses."

Simply amazing.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Good Samaritan with permit shoots Florida deputy's attac

Post by Javelin Man »

I'm still surprised the press uses the term, "Good Samaritan". That's biblical term and the press is intent of keeping religion out of everything, then they use this word.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Javelin Man wrote:I'm still surprised the press uses the term, "Good Samaritan". That's biblical term and the press is intent of keeping religion out of everything, then they use this word.
The reporter and editor probably didn't know that, being good, little secular progressives who never went to church (or didn't listen if they did).
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

IIRC this is the second one of these on 75 in FL in less than a year.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

A gun store in Fort Myers Florida, Shoot Straight, has donated a new XDS to the shooter. I plan to be fairly close to FM in about a week. I will try to stop by and make at least a token purchase and express our support from the Buckeye state.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member