Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed. Wikileaks

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed. Wikileaks

Post by JU-87 »

Here is proof that your Samsung "smart TV" can be used, illegally, to listen to your conversations. This is the biggest violation of the 4th Amendment ever! :evil:

Fourth amendment to the US Constitution:"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Today, Tuesday 7 March 2017, WikiLeaks begins its new series of leaks on the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. Code-named "Vault 7" by WikiLeaks, it is the largest ever publication of confidential documents on the agency.

The first full part of the series, "Year Zero", comprises 8,761 documents and files from an isolated, high-security network situated inside the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence in Langley, Virgina. It follows an introductory disclosure last month of CIA targeting French political parties and candidates in the lead up to the 2012 presidential election.

Recently, the CIA lost control of the majority of its hacking arsenal including malware, viruses, trojans, weaponized "zero day" exploits, malware remote control systems and associated documentation. This extraordinary collection, which amounts to more than several hundred million lines of code, gives its possessor the entire hacking capacity of the CIA. The archive appears to have been circulated among former U.S. government hackers and contractors in an unauthorized manner, one of whom has provided WikiLeaks with portions of the archive...

The increasing sophistication of surveillance techniques has drawn comparisons with George Orwell's 1984, but "Weeping Angel", developed by the CIA's Embedded Devices Branch (EDB), which infests smart TVs, transforming them into covert microphones, is surely its most emblematic realization.

The attack against Samsung smart TVs was developed in cooperation with the United Kingdom's MI5/BTSS. After infestation, Weeping Angel places the target TV in a 'Fake-Off' mode, so that the owner falsely believes the TV is off when it is on. In 'Fake-Off' mode the TV operates as a bug, recording conversations in the room and sending them over the Internet to a covert CIA server.

As of October 2014 the CIA was also looking at infecting the vehicle control systems used by modern cars and trucks.
https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
pirateguy191

Re: Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed. Wikileaks

Post by pirateguy191 »

That material that they released is supposed to be only 1% of what they actually have.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

And people say I'm paranoid for encrypting my entire external network traffic and every last bit stored on my computers/servers/phone and disconnecting all these "too-smart devices."
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

ArmedAviator wrote:And people say I'm paranoid for encrypting my entire external network traffic and every last bit stored on my computers/servers/phone and disconnecting all these "too-smart devices."
If the NSA wants you, that won't really help much.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

schmieg wrote: If the NSA wants you, that won't really help much.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

My TV is kind of old, but it still works just fine. If and when it goes bad, is it possible to buy a TV that isn't a "smart TV"? Don't they make a plain old fashioned TV anymore?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Face

Post by Face »

glocksmith wrote:My TV is kind of old, but it still works just fine. If and when it goes bad, is it possible to buy a TV that isn't a "smart TV"? Don't they make a plain old fashioned TV anymore?
Any Smart TV is dumb without connecting it to the internet.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

schmieg wrote:
ArmedAviator wrote:And people say I'm paranoid for encrypting my entire external network traffic and every last bit stored on my computers/servers/phone and disconnecting all these "too-smart devices."
True, but I might as well put an effort forth.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

ArmedAviator wrote:
schmieg wrote:
True, but I might as well put an effort forth.
If nothing else, you will take the heat off the rest of us. Thanks! :wink:
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JU-87 wrote:Here is proof that your Samsung "smart TV" can be used, illegally, to listen to your conversations. This is the biggest violation of the 4th Amendment ever! :evil:

Fourth amendment to the US Constitution:"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
The key words are "can be used." It's not a violation of the Constitution to spy on foreigners in a foreign country. According to the former head of the CIA who was recently on "The Late Show", he assured everyone that the CIA only uses those techniques to spy on foreign terrorists, and doesn't spy within the United States on American Citizens. Now doesn't that make you feel better? :mrgreen:
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

Lovely! I HAVE a Samsung Smart TV

But, I live alone and do not talk to myself. Sometimes I talk to my dogs...at least they listen...
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

MacDonald wrote:Lovely! I HAVE a Samsung Smart TV

But, I live alone and do not talk to myself. Sometimes I talk to my dogs...at least they listen...
Have you checked your dogs for any Smart devices? :?:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Javelin Man wrote:
MacDonald wrote:Lovely! I HAVE a Samsung Smart TV

Have you checked your dogs for any Smart devices? :?:
My dog wears a GPS collar that reports her location using unencrypted 3G networks. Perhaps the NSA will help me find her if she ever gets lost. :lol:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.