Chicago gangs acquire firarms from railway freight robberies

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Chicago gangs acquire firarms from railway freight robberies

Post by Bruenor »

So Chicago's guns are not all from neighboring states with lax gun laws... Wonder who the gangs have on the inside, to identify these shipments. With the number of trains and freight cars, three large heists seems like too many to be completely random.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... robberies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chicago gangs have targeted gun shipments in Norfolk Southern rail yard on three different occasions in as many years.
They pulled a successful heist in 2014, 2015, and September 2016. The 2015 heist alone netted 111 guns for gang members.

According to the Associated Press, the guns from the 2015 robbery were “en route from New Hampshire weapon maker Sturm, Ruger & Co. to Spokane, Washington.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Re: Chicago gangs acquire firarms from railway freight robbe

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:So Chicago's guns are not all from neighboring states with lax gun laws...
I was hearing this when I lived in Chicago in the late '80s.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

deanimator wrote:
Bruenor wrote:So Chicago's guns are not all from neighboring states with lax gun laws...
I was hearing this when I lived in Chicago in the late '80s.
As Dire straits put it, that record is on 'heavy rotation', and has been ever since the 80's.

(At least Dire Straits is the first place I heard the term Heavy Rotation.)
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Since the article mentioned specific dates these thefts occurred, if this is a legitimate story (according to the MSM everything from Breitbart is fake news, including when they accurately link and quote the MSM :roll: ) and been going on since the eighties, why hasn't anything been done about it so far? All you ever hear by the antis is ban this or ban that, restrict this legal buyer or that one. Why not target the stolen guns? Why not increase penalties and enforcement of laws pertaining to stolen weapons?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote:Since the article mentioned specific dates these thefts occurred, if this is a legitimate story (according to the MSM everything from Breitbart is fake news, including when they accurately link and quote the MSM :roll: ) and been going on since the eighties, why hasn't anything been done about it so far? All you ever hear by the antis is ban this or ban that, restrict this legal buyer or that one. Why not target the stolen guns? Why not increase penalties and enforcement of laws pertaining to stolen weapons?
As it happens one of my friends is a retired railroad cop; because of being a K-9 handler/trainer as well, he worked all over the eastern U.S. He has told me about the years of thefts in Chicago, whether the target was firearms, booze, electronics, whatever, all pointed to inside help from local RR employees, and the Chicago P.D. as well. Do I have to PM deanimator and invite him into this thread to mention the slight corruption problem that town seems to have? :lol: Just kiddin', deano, jump right in here if you want.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:As it happens one of my friends is a retired railroad cop; because of being a K-9 handler/trainer as well, he worked all over the eastern U.S. He has told me about the years of thefts in Chicago, whether the target was firearms, booze, electronics, whatever, all pointed to inside help from local RR employees, and the Chicago P.D. as well. Do I have to PM deanimator and invite him into this thread to mention the slight corruption problem that town seems to have? :lol: Just kiddin', deano, jump right in here if you want.
As with the shootings, there's no mystery why this goes on. People are making money and WANT it to go on.

The idea that the Chicago PD isn't up in its neck in this is as laughable as "Mountain Monsters"... albeit far less plausible.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.