Selling CHL Licenses

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Selling CHL Licenses

Post by bignflnut »

More reason to be for Constitutional (permitless) Carry
Lichtenstein would save the recordings to an email account — detailing his corrupt dealings with NYPD officers to obtain pistol licenses. In addition, the prosecutors seized the phones of Jeremy Reichberg, a Brooklyn businessman who kept images and notes of alleged bribes that included tickers for Super Bowl, Brazil and China.

In one case, Lichtenstein pleaded guilty to offering a cop $6,000 in exchange for an expedited gun permit. Lichtenstein’s $6,000 bribe would result in $18,000 payments that he would demand from his customers seeking gun permits. His “clients” often had records that made it difficult or impossible to obtain permits.

Again Lichtenstein’s leadership role among Orthodox citizens on its neighborhood patrol did not prevent him from bragging about bribing police officers. He reportedly obtained 150 permits, which would yield as much as a million dollars in profit.
Pishaw...errrrbody know NY corrupt...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Re: Selling CHL Licenses

Post by Brian D. »

Meanwhile it's all but impossible for non-rich, non-connected citizens there to get a NYC carry permit. (They don't seem to call them licenses there, whatever.) The amount of information that must be provided is ridiculous in our current times, but without a hefty bribe, don't leave any lines blank on the application.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Back in the eighties a friend of mine who moved to NYC and obtained a carry permit told me one of the jokes about NYC and pistol permits, a paraphrasing of an old Henny Youngman joke about divorce. "Why are pistol permits so expensive? Because they're worth it." :roll:
Bernald Goetz found that out the hard way.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote:Back in the eighties a friend of mine who moved to NYC and obtained a carry permit told me one of the jokes about NYC and pistol permits, a paraphrasing of an old Henny Youngman joke about divorce. "Why are pistol permits so expensive? Because they're worth it." :roll:
I believe the joke was from Sam Kinison, with the expletive-enhanced punchline screamed at the top of his lungs.

If you don't mind this question, how was your friend able to get the carry license? Connections, wealth, in a business that involves large amounts of cash, some combination of the above?

********************************************************************************
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

But wait a minute, the permitting process is supposed to prevent criminals from having guns yet only people willing to bribe someone end up getting the permits. I am so confused!
:roll:
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:Back in the eighties a friend of mine who moved to NYC and obtained a carry permit told me one of the jokes about NYC and pistol permits, a paraphrasing of an old Henny Youngman joke about divorce. "Why are pistol permits so expensive? Because they're worth it." :roll:
I believe the joke was from Sam Kinison, with the expletive-enhanced punchline screamed at the top of his lungs.

If you don't mind this question, how was your friend able to get the carry license? Connections, wealth, in a business that involves large amounts of cash, some combination of the above?
When he moved to NY he wanted to get a carry permit. Crime was pretty bad there at that time. A business associate explained to him that carry permits were "needs based" and pretty much anybody that applied that wasn't a celebrity or politician or otherwise politically connected usually got denied. In addition to getting denied, there was a non refundable fee just to apply. (I think he said 200 at that time?) Even some of those people who weren't ordinary Joes or Janes also got denied also. It was a very exclusive club. He mentioned to my friend that after his application was denied, he went to see an attorney that had a good reputation for assisting people to get their permit. My friend went to see him. He was told that the cost would be $750, and guaranteed he would would get his permit, or no charge. (assuming he wasn't legally prohibited from getting one of course, like being a convicted felon or something) The lawyer said he knew how to properly fill out the forms or something like that to get it approved. The lawyer also advised him on the basics of what to say or do in the event of a shooting. $750 was a lot of money back then, and he asked the lawyer what the money was for. The lawyer said, "Expenses." :roll:
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

catfish86 wrote:But wait a minute, the permitting process is supposed to prevent criminals from having guns yet only people willing to bribe someone end up getting the permits. I am so confused!
:roll:
This puzzles me also. Near as I can tell, the definition of "criminal" is different in the progressive big cities than in the deplorable backwoods. Much like the definition of "shall not be infringed".
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Though the definition of "criminal" (read "bad/evil") may be murky, they know what to target...
The Advocate ran a column on March 3 that claimed, legal or illegal, all “guns are the problem” and called for the LGBTQ community to rally for more gun control.

SNIP

Instead, they wrote:
Here’s the central fact that should guide our actions on gun violence going forward: The Pulse shooter, the Fort Lauderdale airport shooter, and countless other murderers were legally entitled to have firearms. They did everything right — until the moment they started shooting.

Our vision is simple, and unlike the gun lobby’s, it’s actually supported by reality — which is precisely why the gun lobby continues to oppose scientific studies on gun violence. Legally obtained or not, whether by “good guys” or “bad guys,” guns are the problem.
The push for not differentiating between legal and illegal guns was anchored in the Orlando Pulse attack and the Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport attack. In both instances, the attackers fully complied with gun control laws–their guns were “legally obtained”–only to use their guns for evil. The Advocate’s solution for this is to go after all guns, regardless of whether they are acquired lawfully.

Volsky and Glaze admit that gun control is impotent to stop determined attackers, that it has repeatedly failed to stop them. Nonetheless, their solution is more gun control–not simply gun control couched in criminal behavior and criminal possession of guns, but gun control openly fashioned against “legally obtained” firearms, as well.
Of course, they're all to happy to have people call upon costumed officials with guns to enforce court decisions (or Executive Orders) and uphold THEIR rights....

The proud self-delusion of the masses is still on the upswing...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thank you for the explanation, M-Q. At one time I had a list of some of the information "required" being put on the application. For example, NYPD wanted the ID number of every government-issued license you'd ever had. We're talking driver's, hunting, fishing, business, vendors, plumbers, whatever. ALL of them. As though that's needed to do a proper background check.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Thank you for the explanation, M-Q. At one time I had a list of some of the information "required" being put on the application. For example, NYPD wanted the ID number of every government-issued license you'd ever had. We're talking driver's, hunting, fishing, business, vendors, plumbers, whatever. ALL of them. As though that's needed to do a proper background check.
Wonder if that would include some of the fake ID's I had provided by the government when I was working for them.

Heck, I can't even remember all the legitimate ones I had.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand