Gun rights advocates can publish lawmakers' addresses, judge

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Gun rights advocates can publish lawmakers' addresses, judge

Post by Bruenor »

Gun rights advocates can publish lawmakers' addresses, judge rules
I recall a similar battle being fought in Ohio, with publications like the Plain Dealer, publishing gun owners information in the paper.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02 ... rules.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gun owners' rights advocates are free to publish the home addresses and telephone numbers of California state lawmakers who voted for firearms restrictions, a federal judge decided Monday.

It is the second time in a week that judges decided that California lawmakers went too far in protecting the private information of public figures.
The bloggers were protesting a law that requires the state to collect the personal information of those who buy firearms and ammunition in California. When viewed in that context, the judge decided, "the legislators' personal information becomes a matter of public concern."
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Gun rights advocates can publish lawmakers' addresses, j

Post by Mustang380gal »

I sincerely hope the publishing of the addresses is never used for a nefarious purpose.

I can't remember who it was, but during some protests, the crowd ended up at this person's house, on his lawn and only his 14 or so year old son was home, and was freaked out. I think it was SEIU protestors but I don't remember who they were protesting.

That is not right.

If it can be published for gun groups, then others can get access, too. This worries me.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!