CT May Increase CHL Fees

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

CT May Increase CHL Fees

Post by scottb »

Connecticut governor proposes quadrupling pistol permit fee.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/533400975600 ... show-clips" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sure hope that this does not become a trend. As more folks obtain their permit, states may see this as a good revenue generator.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
fyrfytr310

Re: CT May Increase CHL Fees

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Do they want to create a society embracing non-compliance? Cause that's how you do it.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

How many people can actually get a Connecticut carry license? :?:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

Javelin Man wrote:How many people can actually get a Connecticut carry license? :?:
I found this link: http://ctcarry.com/Permits/Statistics

Very confusing site in my opinion. I am so glad I do not live in Connecticut with their gun laws.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

fyrfytr310 wrote:Do they want to create a society embracing non-compliance? Cause that's how you do it.
Not necessarily a bad thing is it? Historically, that's the part of this nation where it all started...people not complying with an overreaching government...umm kingdom I mean...so history repeating itself isn't always a bad thing. Its gotta start somewhere before it can spread.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

glocksmith wrote:
fyrfytr310 wrote:Do they want to create a society embracing non-compliance? Cause that's how you do it.
Not necessarily a bad thing is it? Historically, that's the part of this nation where it all started...people not complying with an overreaching government...umm kingdom I mean...so history repeating itself isn't always a bad thing. Its gotta start somewhere before it can spread.
Fair point!
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe