Dairy Queen Employee Shoots Armed Robber

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hkuspclem40

Dairy Queen Employee Shoots Armed Robber

Post by hkuspclem40 »

MAYFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio - An employee of a Dairy Queen in Mayfield Heights shot a would-be armed robber Sunday evening.
http://fox8.com/2017/02/20/mayfield-hei ... ed-robber/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member
hkuspclem40

Re: Dairy Queen Employee Shoots Armed Robber

Post by hkuspclem40 »

Another outlet......
MAYFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio - A Dairy Queen employee with a concealed carry permit shot an armed robber in Mayfield Heights Sunday evening
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news ... ld-heights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

From the 2nd news link:
Dairy Queen Corporate released a statement Monday:

The location involved in the robbery is an independently owned and operated sub-franchise. We only learned of this situation late today. We have reached out to the Territory Operator that franchises this location to offer our assistance. They are fully cooperating with local authorities.
If they are like most other corporate entities that I've worked for I can guess what kind of assistance they're offering. :roll:
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

The location involved in the robbery is an independently owned and operated sub-franchise.
That says it all....when they open their statement by stressing the "distance" between them and the particular DQ involved. They're anti-gun but are trying to avoid admitting it.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
docachna

Post by docachna »

glocksmith wrote:
The location involved in the robbery is an independently owned and operated sub-franchise.
That's a franchise agreement I'd love to read, particularly the part labeled "Weapons On Franchise Premises".
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Manager shot three times and hit him once in the wrist from the article.
Doesn't say the perp shot back so guessing it wasn't a gun fight.
Hope I am never in a situation like that but if I am hoping my aim is better.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Video released.. Perp had a pellet gun.

http://fox8.com/2017/02/21/video-shows- ... ed-robber/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Bruenor wrote:Video released.. Perp had a pellet gun.
Perp should not have brought a pellet gun to a gunfight.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Sound would be helpful to figure out exactly when the employee shot.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Gramps wrote:Manager shot three times and hit him once in the wrist from the article.
It's hard to say, he might've hit exactly where he was aiming at. (unintentionally) I've taken part in a Hogan's Alley type training, where the targets popped up at you, and some were shoot, others were no shoot targets. You had to tell by what was in their hand, and it was timed also. Some of the threat targets had the weapon at side level instead of in front of the targets chest. Some of the people participating were shooting at the gun where their visual focus was, which was on the gun, instead of center mass. This is assuming the store manager was even aiming at all.

Looking at the picture of the pellet gun and hearing about the suspects injury I think the suspect was very lucky. Perhaps it'll be a wake up call for him, but I somehow doubt it. :(
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

M-Quigley wrote:
Gramps wrote:Manager shot three times and hit him once in the wrist from the article.
It's hard to say, he might've hit exactly where he was aiming at. (unintentionally) I've taken part in a Hogan's Alley type training, where the targets popped up at you, and some were shoot, others were no shoot targets. You had to tell by what was in their hand, and it was timed also. Some of the threat targets had the weapon at side level instead of in front of the targets chest. Some of the people participating were shooting at the gun where their visual focus was, which was on the gun, instead of center mass. This is assuming the store manager was even aiming at all.
Yup.

As anyone who has done force-on-force can attest to, hands take a beating.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

TSiWRX wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
Yup.

As anyone who has done force-on-force can attest to, hands take a beating.
Would LOVE to get some training having shoot no shoot scenarios along with the stress of distractions like screaming, flashing lights, simulated explosions, gunshots etc.
Bet there is some out there somewhere....
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <