Brooklyn gun broker secretly recorded corrupt NYPD cops

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

More from some of the "thin blue line."
I wonder if they have one of those weird blue line sticker on there own cars?
Corrupt big city cops. What a surprise...NOT!

A crooked gun broker secretly made thousands of recordings of conversations with corrupt NYPD cops, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

The revelation likely will send shock waves through the department...In November, Lichtenstein pleaded guilty to bribing NYPD officers to obtain pistol licenses.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bro ... -1.2956091" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
walnut red

Re: Brooklyn gun broker secretly recorded corrupt NYPD cops

Post by walnut red »

Should we protest to close the NYPD loophole?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

When will Clinton and Schumer call for the entire NYPD to be put on the "no-fly list", then be barred from buying guns because of it?
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I'm not clear on if these gun licenses are license to buy or license to carry. It doesn't really matter. This is a clear example of how these "may issue" schemes are inherently corrupt.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WestonDon wrote:I'm not clear on if these gun licenses are license to buy or license to carry. It doesn't really matter. This is a clear example of how these "may issue" schemes are inherently corrupt.
I agree. The best way to take this power away from the corrupt cops is to change to shall issue.
Lichtenstein pleaded guilty on Nov. 10 to offering a cop $6,000 in exchange for an expedited gun permit.
Back in the early eighties the official fee for a carry permit was $200, and the "expediting fee" was $750. I thought at the time my friend was crazy to pay that much, but after seeing what happened to Bernie Goetz, I guess it's worth it compared to not having one. Is 6 grand in line with inflation, or has the value gone up?