SNL writer suspended for shooter comment about Trumps son

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: SNL writer suspended for shooter comment about Trumps so

Post by bignflnut »

The interesting part of that is when you're speaking off the clock in your civilian capacity, and you still get canned.

https://jonathanturley.org/2016/04/07/a ... ican-flag/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Defend the right to say it (wrong and unpersuasive as it is)...but private sector will increasingly monitor your social media accounts.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I see nothing wrong with that. Curt Schilling is a proper example. Schilling is passionate and shares his views, but he was also a paid personality for a network and that network has genuine ideas of what (they believe) makes up their audience. If Schilling wants to wave a flag and go political, even on his own time, his views become attached to him. He was employed as a public personality and the employer certainly has an idea of what their representatives bring to the audience. You can applaud Schilling for having his views and using his fame and platform, but he chooses the risk to his employment. You can feel free to quit watching the network that chooses to fire him.

See also: "Chicks, Dixie"

Us regular folks can say whatever we like and nobody gives a turd, but some celebrity opens his mouth and he puts his persona and employment on the line. That's the game. For a local recap of the same argument, see the local radio idiot "Torg" who was booted off a (crap) local sports radio station and now makes a living on a (CRAP) local rock radio morning show.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
robbo

Post by robbo »

qmti wrote:I use to love watching SNL years ago but no more. It has become a Liberal Democratic cartoon show. Baldwin has run the Trump skit into the ground. This show is a good example of the Hollywood liberal stance.
Agreed. They are nothing short of the word spoken by their party ...deplorables Truly pathetic
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Humor always plays to the crowd.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio