SNL writer suspended for shooter comment about Trumps son

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

SNL writer suspended for shooter comment about Trumps son

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/national/satur ... KaS1PAvWO/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Democrats and Republicans seem to agree on one thing about criticizing the President Donald Trump's family: Leave the kids out of it. That especially goes for Barron Trump, who is 10 years old.

Last week, a writer from “Saturday Night Live” joked that Barron would kill his family. Now, NBC has announced consequences for Katie Rich, who tweeted that Barron would be the "first homeschool shooter."
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: SNL writer suspended for shooter comment about Trumps so

Post by qmti »

I use to love watching SNL years ago but no more. It has become a Liberal Democratic cartoon show. Baldwin has run the Trump skit into the ground. This show is a good example of the Hollywood liberal stance.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

They have been pushing SNL very hard lately. They keep telling us its like the old days when it was at it's peek.

I have not fallen for the lie. I will not watch the lefties crap.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Making fun of people is not my preferred comedy.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

While I do agree that it's a low blow picking on kids...I also think it is the fair price one pays for being born into wealth. The kid will be a zillionaire without having to earn it himself...so being in the public eye and getting poked fun at by the media is the price one pays for their lot in life.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

So being the son of someone who has money is justification for a child to be treated so? Wow, just wow.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

glocksmith wrote:While I do agree that it's a low blow picking on kids...I also think it is the fair price one pays for being born into wealth. The kid will be a zillionaire without having to earn it himself...so being in the public eye and getting poked fun at by the media is the price one pays for their lot in life.
Nothing "fun" about her comments.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

WY_Not wrote:So being the son of someone who has money is justification for a child to be treated so? Wow, just wow.
Children are just a stage on the way to becoming despicable, obnoxious adults...so yeah, "wow" all you want. If anybody here is old enough to remember Chelsea Clinton's stint as "First Child"...she was an awkward, red haired, dog-faced teenager...and yeah, she got picked on too. But now at age 32 she's worth $30 million and growing. My guess is that being President and Mrs. Clinton's daughter helped her to get there without the lifetime of effort and luck you and I would require. So what if she got picked on as the President's kid...I doubt she'd want to have traded her lot for a normal, mediocre childhood.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

So you are OK with a child being ridiculed for no other reason than their parent(s) have money or power? Maybe it is just me but that attitude is just reprehensible.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

WY_Not wrote:So you are OK with a child being ridiculed for no other reason than their parent(s) have money or power? Maybe it is just me but that attitude is just reprehensible.
Agreed. No child "deserves" to be ridiculed, no matter what situation they were born into.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

ArmedAviator wrote:
WY_Not wrote:So you are OK with a child being ridiculed for no other reason than their parent(s) have money or power? Maybe it is just me but that attitude is just reprehensible.
Agreed. No child "deserves" to be ridiculed, no matter what situation they were born into.
Wrong. It comes with the territory as the old saying goes. Further we are talking about Donald Trump's family...Yeah DJ the great name calling, make fun of others reality show star, billionaire and now controversial President. They're all going to be ridiculed for the next four years...and probably beyond that. When you make your living off being in the public eye. you attract ridicule. Get used to it.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

glocksmith wrote:
ArmedAviator wrote:
Wrong. It comes with the territory as the old saying goes. Further we are talking about Donald Trump's family...Yeah DJ the great name calling, make fun of others reality show star, billionaire and now controversial President. They're all going to be ridiculed for the next four years...and probably beyond that. When you make your living off being in the public eye. you attract ridicule. Get used to it.
I didn't say it won't happen, and they shouldn't get used to it - but it should not happen.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Chelsea Clinton was not picked on, neither were the Obama girls, both during and after the WH.

In fact, the media kept their distance even as Chelsea campaigned for her mother in several campaigns. You could certainly say she engaged in politics and opened her older self up to it.

I'm glad for them as human beings that they were left alone, no matter how much I disliked their parents.

Some things just aren't cricket, old chap.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

The first week the Clinton's were in office, the night show hosts all used their monologue to talk about how ugly Chelsea was. A quiet word came from the White House to lay off the child, it ceased immediately.

At the time, Chelsea looked like she was a year behind in her beauty sleep but she eventually caught up.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Mr. Glock wrote:Chelsea Clinton was not picked on, neither were the Obama girls, both during and after the WH.
From Wikipedia: On January 20, 1993, the day of her father's first inauguration, Chelsea moved into the White House with her parents and was given the Secret Service codename "Energy". The Clintons wanted their daughter to have a normal childhood, and they hoped to shield her from the media spotlight. Hillary Clinton followed the advice of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis on raising children in the White House, and asked the press to limit coverage of Chelsea to her participation in public events such as state visits. Margaret Truman, daughter of former president Harry S. Truman, supported the Clintons, and in March 1993 wrote a letter to the editor of The New York Times about the damage that could be done if the press made Chelsea a subject of intense coverage. Journalists debated the issue of allowing Clinton to retain her privacy. Most media outlets concluded that she should be off-limits due to her age, although Rush Limbaugh and Saturday Night Live both broadcast material mocking her appearance. During this phase of her life, her father said, "We really work hard on making sure that Chelsea doesn't let other people define her sense of her own self-worth ... It's tough when you are an adolescent ... but I think she'll be ok."
Give em' Hell Pike!!!