Info about school shooting in Champaign Co. West Liberty??

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hillbilly

Info about school shooting in Champaign Co. West Liberty??

Post by hillbilly »

Hi all. There was a school shooting at the West Liberty High School in Champaign County this past Friday morning. Is there a thread with any information about it? Thanks in advance!

hillbilly
Dave Shooter

Re: Info about school shooting in Champaign Co. West Liberty

Post by Dave Shooter »

Billy, I'm a WL parent. Community is working on healing.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I thought there was another post, but I can't find it. :|
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Usually when these school shootings occur there's things that come out later, warning signs, even sometimes social media posts actually detailing the shooter is going to do something. I haven't seen this reported about this school shooting yet. The most the local TV station could report was an interview they did with the suspect after he allegedly won a school wrestling contest last week, seemed like a pretty normal teenager at the time. I wonder what the motivation was for the shooting?
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Here are the most detailed news stories I have found
http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170122/w ... r-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.whio.com/news/local/sheriff- ... RX0fBX73I/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://wdtn.com/2017/01/20/student-inju ... -salem-hs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JLE
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

After speaking with law enforcement initial investigation shows no warning signs nor any evidence this was planned well in advance.
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

The Cole family has been sharing Logan's status on FB. He has several dozen pellets still in him, including at least two in his spine and one in his heart. Infection is one of the biggest concerns.

Prayers appreciated.

Classes are back in session today. Lots of hugs there.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

I talked to a classmate of the shooter yesterday and a fellow wrestling team member. Said he is a nice, normal guy at school..
Heard more around here but not wanting to spread things that could just be speculation or gossip.
Have to see what comes out later
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Dave Shooter,

I have friends with kids at WLS and have been praying since the beginning. I was just surprised that I didn't see a post on here. I have friends who knew the shooter when he was younger. Just very sad all the way around. :( Still can't believe something like this happened a few miles up the road. Unfortunately proves my point to my non-gun friendly friends that bad things can happen anywhere.

Hillbilly
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

The news media needs to reduce it's coverage now and let the community heal. Too much time is still spent on the evening news covering this.
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

Thanks Hillbilly!
The shooter's younger sister is a classmate of my son. She is taking this very hard. Prayers for that family appreciated too.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Here is an update about what the West Liberty, Ohio school district plans to do in the wake of the shooting. It's basically a change of the windows to allow easier escape, different locks on the doors, pull down shades for the door windows, a review and audit of their procedures, and continuing to provide ALICE training.
There was also this:
6. Other items being investigated at this time are the employment of a School Resource Officer, door barricades, and metal detectors. No decision has been made at this time on these two items. At the conclusion of the construction project, the school will also be equipped with panic buttons in the office area and an emergency alert (911) system that can be activated by any staff member throughout the building.
http://fox45now.com/news/web-exclusive/ ... g-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

He still has some lead in him. The one in his heart was pushed out with a small tube with air pressure and into the lining of a lung from what a family friend told me. Much better location now.
Some issues with lead poisoning but the numbers are dropping. Again from what I am told as of 7am this AM.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <