Officer Saved...

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Officer Saved...

Post by WY_Not »

... by good guy with a gun. Gotta be some of that fake news we keep hearing so much about. After all the anti's keep telling us that such things never happen.

Passing Driver Kills Man Who Shot Arizona Officer in Ambush
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pass ... h-44739139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
AlanM

Re: Officer Saved...

Post by AlanM »

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The good guy passerby (yeah I know it rhymes) had to go back to his car and retrieve his gun. I'm not trying to throw stones here, and all ended okay in this instance, but..take your gun WITH YOU as a habit, people!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WY_Not wrote:... by good guy with a gun. Gotta be some of that fake news we keep hearing so much about. After all the anti's keep telling us that such things never happen.

Passing Driver Kills Man Who Shot Arizona Officer in Ambush
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pass ... h-44739139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Normally you would be correct, but since this is reported by a member of the MSM it's authenticity is not allowed to be questioned. :roll:
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Good thing this didn't happen within feet of a government building or some other CPZ. Then the good guy would be up the creek.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I wonder if the attack on the LEO was illegal aliens trying to avoid confrontation.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I just watched the Good Morning 's story on this. They called them 'heroes' and 'Good Samaritans'. The story ended with "The unidentified motorist who shot the suspect will NOT be charged." :shock:

Other than the smh ending, a very nice positive story.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
High Power

Post by High Power »

walnut red wrote:I wonder if the attack on the LEO was illegal aliens trying to avoid confrontation.
If it was a M***** Terrorist on his own J**** the MSM would conveniently ignore that fact as well.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

I actually consider not carrying all the time quite frequently and then I tell myself how bad I would feel if I saw such a situation and couldn't help. I certainly would have my gun with me upon initial contact. I don't think I would ask the officer if he needed help either as his head was being bashed. Thank God for this passerby.
lionsfan

Post by lionsfan »

It sounds to me like the good guy was west bound on I-10 a little east of the Arizona-California border. If he was headed to California, he probably had the gun locked up. California is bad, but they do allow transport of hand guns in cars as long as they are unloaded and in a locked container.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Called it. Now they are saying that the person who rolled the vehicle and shot the LEO was a Mexican citizen who was in the country illegally. Wonder if there were any undocumented pharmaceuticals in the vehicle as well.
High Power

Post by High Power »

walnut red wrote:Called it. Now they are saying that the person who rolled the vehicle and shot the LEO was a Mexican citizen who was in the country illegally. Wonder if there were any undocumented pharmaceuticals in the vehicle as well.
Got a link?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

High Power wrote:
walnut red wrote:Called it. Now they are saying that the person who rolled the vehicle and shot the LEO was a Mexican citizen who was in the country illegally. Wonder if there were any undocumented pharmaceuticals in the vehicle as well.
Got a link?
There is a bunch out there but here is one:

http://tucson.com/news/state-and-region ... 7039d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;