Member of Ohio Students for CC shot & killed

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Member of Ohio Students for CC shot & killed

Post by Chuck »

Police take guns, drugs, cash from home of University District shooting victim.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... icide.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited to add description of link, Djmac
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Any more updates from Columbus media outlets?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Not that I've seen
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That's the thing a lot of times: Until suspects are brought in, we won't hear a peep in the way of updates from the police through the media. Part of that is so the police can perhaps NOT tip off the guilty party or parties that the cops know the bad guys' identity. In other instances it's because the police don't have the vaguest idea who to go look for.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Sig Shooter wrote:Columbus news is reporting this was drug related.
Does that mean people will soon talk about "stupid games/prizes"?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
keepitsimple
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by keepitsimple »

bignflnut wrote:
Sig Shooter wrote:Columbus news is reporting this was drug related.
Does that mean people will soon talk about "stupid games/prizes"?
Probably, followed with some grumbling and throat clearing.

I'm curious about the real details. Drugs, guns, and money collected? That could be anything from a single shot 22, a dime bag, and a cashed pay check or tips, to a kilo of heroin, a sack full of bloody pistols, and a safe full of $100's. I'm assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle, but I'm still curious. Was the kid the child of Van Wilder and Scarface? Or a young libertarian college student pothead with a savings jar/box?
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Any indication the confiscated stuff was actually his? Sounds like he had roommates and you know what they can be like.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I check the Columbus Dispatch every day.
Nothing since the last article posted here

If I see anything, I'll share it here
Ain't activism fun?

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170124/j ... with-owner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Husky that was shot and wounded during the robbery and slaying of her caretaker has been reunited with her owner, according to Columbus police.

On Jan. 5, 20-year-old Tarak Underiner was dog-sitting a husky. Underiner, an Ohio State University senior from the Cincinnati area, was shot and killed in his room inside a house in the first block of East Northwood Avenue near North High Street. Police have not identified any suspects in Underiner's death.

When police arrived, they found a a hunk of bloody fur and were told the dog was missing. The husky was found on Jan. 7, nearly a mile away in the 400 block of East Northwood Avenue where the street dead ends near railroad tracks.
Ain't activism fun?