Uber driver defends self and passenger, shoots armed robber

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Uber driver defends self and passenger, shoots armed robber

Post by Bruenor »

See it's a GOOD thing if your Uber driver is packing heat. The question is, Will Uber dump him as a driver, due to their no firearms policy ?

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 28207.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Dodge Caravan minivan cut off the Uber on the westbound access road next to the Lehman Causeway. A man emerged with two handguns drawn, ready to rob the Uber driver.

But then the Uber driver drew his own weapon, Goranitis said. Four shots later, the robber was dead on the scene. The accomplice sped away in the Dodge Caravan. The Caravan was later recovered by police.

Police interviewed the Uber driver, who had a permit to carry a gun, but charges are unlikely, police said.

According to Uber’s website, the company prohibits “riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Uber driver defends self and passenger, shoots armed rob

Post by Javelin Man »

What other civil rights aren't you allowed to exercise because of a company 'policy'?

I'd continue to carry until Uber sues me to stop.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Uber driver defends self and passenger, shoots armed rob

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Javelin Man wrote:What other civil rights aren't you allowed to exercise because of a company 'policy'?

I'd continue to carry until Uber sues me to stop.
They wouldn't sue. They would just block you from using the service, either as driver or rider.
MyWifeSaidYes