RIP John Glenn

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

RIP John Glenn

Post by evan price »

John Glenn died today age 95.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... glenn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Brian D.

Re: RIP John Glenn

Post by Brian D. »

R,I,P. and thanks for most of what he did through the years. However, he was lousy as a U.S. Senator in my opinion. Although, you could hardly see Howard Metzenbaum's lips moving when Glenn spoke about politics, not bad as a ventriliquist act goes.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Brian D. wrote:R,I,P. and thanks for most of what he did through the years. However, he was lousy as a U.S. Senator in my opinion. Although, you could hardly see Howard Metzenbaum's lips moving when Glenn spoke about politics, not bad as a ventriliquist act goes.
My thoughts exactly. He did honorable service in the military and as an astronaut but his terms as senator could have been done away with. I don't understand how a military man with combat experience, especially a Marine, can become a liberal democrat politician.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

When Glenn entered the Senate his net worth was about what you'd expect. Somehow being in DC made him mysteriously wealthy.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

mreising wrote:I don't understand how a military man with combat experience, especially a Marine, can become a liberal democrat politician.
It worked for John Kerry...and maybe John McCain too :mrgreen:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

He was a hero as a Marine and as an Astronaut but as a sinator he was progressive. :evil:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
mreising

Post by mreising »

glocksmith wrote:
mreising wrote:I don't understand how a military man with combat experience, especially a Marine, can become a liberal democrat politician.
I know, Glenn isn't the only one, but it still seems a bit strange. Of course, I don't consider Kerry to be a "military man" (you can parse that how ever you want :wink:).
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

mreising wrote:
glocksmith wrote:
I know, Glenn isn't the only one, but it still seems a bit strange. Of course, I don't consider Kerry to be a "military man" (you can parse that how ever you want :wink:).
He does (Kerry). But his records on his (I think) Purple Heart (or other) were not released.

JFK PT109 envy, perhaps
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

He effected my life as my US Senator.
In my opinion,he hated guns and hated people who own guns, and died 40 years too late.
He will not be missed.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.