Who sez ya gotta TRAIN? 81yr old wins!!

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Who sez ya gotta TRAIN? 81yr old wins!!

Post by JU-87 »

:shock:
:lol:
8)
81 year old fatally shoots home invader with gun that was sitting in nightstand for 30 years.
Serious.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/81-year-old-fa ... /464100332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Who sez ya gotta TRAIN? 81yr old wins!!

Post by Whirlwind06 »

With a .22 no less...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The elderly gent (no name given, fine by me) had told the burglar that there was no money or anything of value in the house. Yeah, except for the lives of the homeowner and his bedridden sister..plus, that 22 pistol, which suddenly became worth its weight in gold.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Sad, I heard the 46 yr. old suspect was just beginning to turn his life around. :roll:
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

A lot of things in life come down to luck. Training the proper thing for ones situation stacks the deck a bit.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

But seriously training is awesome.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

I wonder what brand of 30-year-old .22 ammo that was.. Stout stuff.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Shot placement is king. :)

----
jeep45238 wrote:A lot of things in life come down to luck. Training the proper thing for ones situation stacks the deck a bit.
I'd rather be lucky than skilled. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

But I'd also rather be skilled than unskilled! :P :D
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
robbo

Post by robbo »

TSiWRX wrote:^ Shot placement is king. :)

----
jeep45238 wrote:A lot of things in life come down to luck. Training the proper thing for ones situation stacks the deck a bit.
I'd rather be lucky than skilled. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

But I'd also rather be skilled than unskilled! :P :D
AMEN!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

He's making 'Merica greater...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798