Robber shot after home invasion -dispatchers questions

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

Re: Robber shot after home invasion -dispatchers questions

Post by glocksmith »

A lot of detailed discussion above about rendering aid to a wounded bad guy...my main question is "why is he still alive?" :lol:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

qmti wrote:Let's see, "The court ruled 4-3" which means you probably had 4 conservatives with common sense and 3 bleeding liberals who support the aggressor. Laws have been overturned by new court make-ups by incoming administrations.
Actually it's much better than you think. All the judges agreed that Ohio's Good Samaritan law applies to anyone who renders aid in an emergency. The dissents simply disagreed with whether an emergency actually existed in this case, about the scope of the word 'emergency' and whether that question should be answered by a judge or by a jury.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

glocksmith wrote:A lot of detailed discussion above about rendering aid to a wounded bad guy...my main question is "why is he still alive?" :lol:
Contrary to the anti-gun cult's ripping yarns, most gunshots are not immediately fatal.

Somebody needs to start making a .600 Nitro Express AR...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

deanimator wrote:
glocksmith wrote:A lot of detailed discussion above about rendering aid to a wounded bad guy...my main question is "why is he still alive?" :lol:
Contrary to the anti-gun cult's ripping yarns, most gunshots are not immediately fatal.

Too expensive. A .45-70 AR would be more than adequate. :D
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I don't know... an AR with a .500 S&W upper might be fun. Pricey but fun.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

glocksmith wrote:
deanimator wrote:

Too expensive. A .45-70 AR would be more than adequate. :D
I guess... if you like mouse guns...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
robbo

Post by robbo »

A. The dispatchers an idiot
B. A dead guy cant lie
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL STORY: The wounded home invader, now in a wheelchair, for who knows how long, possibly life, took a plea deal. I kept clicking but for some strange reason I couldn't get my crying emoticon to work today when posting this.

http://www.whio.com/news/local/wheelcha ... S97XTlFQL/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

UPDATE:
— A Union Twp. man whose home was the target of a fall 2016 home invasion in which one intruder was shot was sentenced Monday to two years community control on felony drug possession and tampering with evidence charges stemming from that incident.

Daniel Fryman, 30, of West Milton, pleaded guilty to the charges in January in Miami County Common Pleas Court.

He was accused of having marijuana in the residence and destroying a surveillance camera before investigators arrived. Investigators said they believed the invasion was drug-related.

Fryman told Judge Christopher Gee that he wanted to apologize for choices he made. "I didn't realize the ramifications," Fryman said

Sheriff's Lt. Jason Moore said the charges involved items and information collected while deputies were investigating the home invasion scene. Marijuana was located in the refrigerator's freezer and the damaged camera found with others on the exterior. The images from the cameras helped with identifying the intruders, he said.

"One of the cameras was disabled and destroyed. We don't know his motive on that," Moore said.

Five men were convicted in the home invasion during which investigators said shots were fired by both the owner and intruders.
http://www.whio.com/news/local/man-who- ... Zm5I9hTKJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;