Couric edited interview with pro-gun activists

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Couric edited interview with pro-gun activists

Post by catfish86 »

I am not sure Couric's word is worth much on that matter.

This is just the beginning...you know this didn't happen out of the blue and likely there are decades of victims who have not come forward.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Always another Baghdad Bob out there it seems.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Just one of many. Does anyone honestly believe the rest of the mainstream media talking heads are any different?
Brian D. wrote:Always another Baghdad Bob out there it seems.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

VCDL Files defamation suit over documentary. Best of luck to them.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... edits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Katie Couric and "Under the Gun" director Stephanie Soechtig are facing a $12 million defamation lawsuit for their roles in allegedly "misleading" edits made in their 2016 documentary.

Virginians Citizens Defense League (VCDL) is taking Couric and her director to court for edits they say made VCDL members appear stumped by Couric's gun control questions, when in fact they were not.

"Katie Couric has publicly admitted that the film, which was presented to VCDL as a 'documentary,' was misleading and misrepresented VCDL," Phillip Van Cleave, President of the VCDL, tod FOXNews.com. "However, Couric and the other filmmakers have refused to fix the film or to even stop promoting and distributing it. The only way to hold Couric accountable was to file a lawsuit."
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

They are likely to get lit up on this. They published something they KNEW was false and even after getting called out on it continued to publish/distribute it. The only question is quantifying damages. They are also entitled to ban further distribution I believe.
God,

Gun control is racist.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Good...hit them in the wallet, because their heads don't care.

I.e. They believe they are doing it for the cause, which begs the question if you have to lie about it to make your point, how noble can your cause be? Thoughts that are never even considered for true believers like them.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Judge throws out Defamation lawsuit filed by the VCDL against katie Couric

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ouric.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Katie Couric is in the clear after a judge dismissed a $12 million lawsuit filed against her by a Virginia gun club, claiming that a documentary she produced defamed its members because it was edited in a misleading way.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Obama appointee, approved by the Senate in the waning hours of the lame duck in 2010
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Appeals courts were made for this. We were up in an uproar over the Supreme Court and rightly so, but the real damage is the number of regular federal judges appointed by Obama with the nuclear option done away with and no check on how far left activist the judges were. That hasn't gotten press BUT notice with Trump's immigration orders etc how many puzzling decisions seem to defy the law rather than implement it. Just the other day an Obama appointee banned the showing of Planned Parenthood videos that show them laughing about the death by mutilation of fetuses. The longest lasting legacy of Obama is his brood of activist judges who don't respect their limitations.
God,

Gun control is racist.