Nazareth Mediterranean Restaurant Machete Attack

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

shootsome

Nazareth Mediterranean Restaurant Machete Attack

Post by shootsome »

On the news this morning, several people injured in machete attack. No Guns sign clearly posted on the door. Looks like a place to avoid!
AlanM

Re: Nazareth Mediterranean Restaurant Columbus.

Post by AlanM »

I typed "machete attack" into Google and the first auto complete recommendation that came up was "machete attack Columbus".

Here's the CBSnews coverage: Cops kill man after machete attack at Ohio deli
Police said the man walked into the restaurant, had a conversation with an employee and then left. He returned about a half hour later. That's when police said he approached a man and a woman who were sitting just inside the door at a booth and started the attack.

Police said employees and patrons tried to get the man to stop.

"Some of the patrons there started throwing chairs at him just trying to get him out of there," Weiner said.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

You might find Pam Geller's take on this slightly more informative: OHIO: BLOODBATH at Middle-Eastern Eatery, “Nazareth Restaurant,” MACHETE Attacker Shot Dead
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
mikkeeh

Post by mikkeeh »

shootsome wrote:On the news this morning, several people injured in machete attack. No Guns sign clearly posted on the door. Looks like a place to avoid!

What broadcast did you see a CPZ sign. Ive looked at every video I can find, and could not see one. It has not been mentioned in any of the news reports Ive seen.
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

I don't remember seeing any gun buster signs at any of his locations. If Hany has posted his current location, my son and I will have a quiet discussion with him...
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ray81 »

Looks like ROP Jihad attack.

Machete attacker was Muhammad Barry with Somali background.

http://pamelageller.com/2016/02/ohio-bl ... rant.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Ohio machete attack?

Post by bignflnut »

The attack occurred at Nazareth Restaurant and Deli, a Mediterranean eatery, in Columbus. Police said the man walked into the restaurant, had a conversation with an employee and left.

About a half hour later, the attacker returned, approached a man and a woman at a table near the doorway and started his rampage.

“He came in and started beating up on another man, I thought it was a personal thing. Then he just started down the row hitting everybody; people were bleeding,” Karen Bass, a restaurant patron, told My Fox 28 Columbus.

The attacker was identified as Mohammad Barry, a separate law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said.

“There was no rhyme or reason as to who he was going after,” said Weiner. “There’s nothing that leads us to believe that this is anything but a random attack."
More here

"Random" Parody there
“People can’t jump to conclusions just based on the information that’s out there now. It’s really too early in the investigation. There’s so much information that hasn’t been vetted.”
Ummm hmmmm.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Klingon00

Re: Ohio machete attack?

Post by Klingon00 »

I am a huge fan of Nazareth, their lentils and spicy chicken is my favorite dish, although I haven't been able to frequent them as often as I used to after they moved further away from me. I hope the owner and his business will recover from this tragedy.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/201 ... umbus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to 10tv, the suspect was Somali and that he systematically went table to table attacking people with a knife and machete.

If true, why didn't anyone pick up a chair or something and defend themselves? Its really too bad that there wasn't a CHL holder there that night.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

But, good sir, you mustn't intervene...personal liability and all...

He wasn't (presumably) wearing Maize and Blue after all...

Home of da Brave...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

bignflnut wrote:
“People can’t jump to conclusions just based on the information that’s out there now. It’s really too early in the investigation. There’s so much information that hasn’t been vetted.”
Ummm hmmmm.
I just finished watching the live police press conference about the incident and the police literally said something to that effect. When asked of the suspects nationality the response was something like "We know he has a Columbus address, we aren't going to speculate further about his origin or nationality or motives at this time".
someguy

Post by someguy »

Dupe. Was already posted at 5 something this morning. Maybe merge the two threads?
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Klingon00 wrote:...and that he systematically went table to table attacking people with a knife and machete.

If true, why didn't anyone pick up a chair or something and defend themselves?
Mindset.

I really think that this is something that should be taught to our children: all of our children.

That yes, it's important to be nice to everyone and to be kind and to realize that violence is not the answer - until it absolutely is the answer. That they have an absolute right as human beings to defend themselves.

I'm no MMA star, but someone come at me or my family, I'm gonna do *something* with *something*. Heck, 250 lbs. of Chinese pork belly is gonna hurt, if it just gets thrown at ya :oops: , and I'm gonna be throwing myself at ya if my family is in harm's range. :lol:

Dunno....maybe someone did try. :?:
Last edited by TSiWRX on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Klingon00 wrote:I am a huge fan of Nazareth, their lentils and spicy chicken is my favorite dish, although I haven't been able to frequent them as often as I used to after they moved further away from me. I hope the owner and his business will recover from this tragedy.
FYI the place has a 'No Guns' sticker on the front door (tv photographers seem to enjoy the irony of showing that), so perhaps you shouldn't be too unhappy they moved away.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mikkeeh wrote:
shootsome wrote:On the news this morning, several people injured in machete attack. No Guns sign clearly posted on the door. Looks like a place to avoid!

What broadcast did you see a CPZ sign. Ive looked at every video I can find, and could not see one. It has not been mentioned in any of the news reports Ive seen.
I saw it at the 4:01 mark from whatever Columbus channel it was. Could have been edited out later.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

someguy wrote:Dupe. Was already posted at 5 something this morning. Maybe merge the two threads?
Done.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!