CO - Stolen car hits officer - officers shoot teen driver

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

CO - Stolen car hits officer - officers shoot teen driver

Post by Bruenor »

You already know what's coming next..
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/27/po ... tolen-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Denver police shot and killed a 16-year-old girl who allegedly struck and injured an officer with a stolen car early Monday.
Hammock said she understands one of the officers was injured, but "that's still no reason to shoot."

"They shouldn't have stolen a car. But the cops are too fast on the gun," she said. "You've got stun guns. You've got rubber bullets. Why do they have to shoot all the time?"

That sentiment was echoed during Monday's vigil as some held signs decrying police brutality.
I wasn't aware that rubber bullets or stun guns were effective, when applied through steel or glass, as you are being run down by a moving vehicle.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Tweed Ring

Re: CO - Stolen car hits officer - officers shoot teen drive

Post by Tweed Ring »

Of course, why could not the officer/officers first engaged in...questioning?
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Stupid games, stupid prizes and such.

I would expect that anyone who is being purposefully rammed with a vehicle to respond in the same manner.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Another Darwin Award finalist I see.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

I've always felt that car thieves should be dealt with the same way horse thieves were dealt with in the old west. Then again, I feel that way about any thief.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
BobK

Post by BobK »

CroManGun wrote:I've always felt that car thieves should be dealt with the same way horse thieves were dealt with in the old west. Then again, I feel that way about any thief.
Where do you draw the line on execution?

Would you hang a seventeen or eighteen year old young person who got caught shoplifting?
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

There is more to this story then we know right now. Sounds fishy...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

BobK wrote:
CroManGun wrote:I've always felt that car thieves should be dealt with the same way horse thieves were dealt with in the old west. Then again, I feel that way about any thief.

Would you hang a seventeen or eighteen year old young person who got caught shoplifting?

No we will take the middle east approach for the young ones. Cut off a hand!

I agree Carmen. We aren't getting all the details.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

BobK wrote:

Shoplifting is a bit different than grand theft auto...Not sure I support execution for it though... I think a good bull whipping would be good though... And do it in public.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Bama.45 wrote:
BobK wrote:

Shoplifting is a bit different than grand theft auto...Not sure I support execution for it though... I think a good bull whipping would be good though... And do it in public.
I have to admit, I'd go with a public whipping or caning on the shoplifting. A nice big "S" tattooed on the forehead would also be nice. :twisted:
But GTA, robbery, burglary; I say hang 'em high! That's why I like Texas law on the use of lethal force to protect property!
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

BobK wrote:

Well, that was not my first idea, but I am open to hearing your thoughts for it.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

A passenger in the car has disputed the official account of Hernandez's death, saying police opened fire before the vehicle struck the officer.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

carmen fovozzo wrote:There is more to this story then we know right now. Sounds fishy...
Yep, that's the problem with pretty much everything these days....everything sounds fishy.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

gfrlaser wrote:
A passenger in the car has disputed the official account of Hernandez's death, saying police opened fire before the vehicle struck the officer.

So cops are supposed to wait until after being hit by a vehicle weighing at least 2,000 lbs before they open fire?... That's stupid, when we had a situation where a vehicle tried to plow through a check point, we'd open up with everything.... Even the .50 cals.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Bama.45 wrote:
gfrlaser wrote:

So cops are supposed to wait until after being hit by a vehicle weighing at least 2,000 lbs before they open fire?... That's stupid, when we had a situation where a vehicle tried to plow through a check point, we'd open up with everything.... Even the .50 cals.
I always love people that think what you say should be true. So I should take a hit first before I am allowed to use self-defense? If a car is driving directly out of me, I should attempt to do a barrel roll to get out of the way and hope that I don't twist my leg thereby disabling me before I can use self-defense?

Some people have bad logic and say those that carry guns should wait till a threat has occurred BEFORE they can retaliate. I've yet to figure out what planet they live on.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.