Cleveland police ch 5(ABC) schedule gun 'buyback' Sept 6

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Cleveland police ch 5(ABC) schedule gun 'buyback' Sept 6

Post by jgarvas »

Bruenor wrote:I can pickup the GMRS/FRS channels on my Baofeng, can't legally transmit on them with that radio, but I can certainly listen.
I think you can. Those radios are part 90 accepted I think.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

jgarvas wrote:
Bruenor wrote:I can pickup the GMRS/FRS channels on my Baofeng, can't legally transmit on them with that radio, but I can certainly listen.
I think you can. Those radios are part 90 accepted I think.
Nevermind. not legal :)
Jeff Garvas, President

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

jgarvas wrote:
Bruenor wrote:The first image that popped into my head is a large box truck with a huge sign on the side..
Now THAT would be hilarious :)
Jeff must have gone to Las Vegas recently. :wink: (anyone that has been there will know what I mean) Now...if he advertised Vegas during the Republic Convention with a gun buy back....he'd buy allot of something. LOL
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

jgarvas wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote: I don't think we have to over think this. We didn't have any issues last year.
How many cars didn't see your signs? Oh and how late did it run and how early did you show up?
I wasn't as active as I could have been. I will be more active this year. Was there from the beginning to about 1:00pm if I remember correctly.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

jgarvas wrote:OFCC is preparing to do something rather unorthodox and huge at this year's event. I am just curious how many people already intend to go to the event and/or are considering it? I have a solution to the sign issue that will be make it incredibly clear to anyone in line that they can sell their firearm if they're interested.

Who is going? Do any of you own FRS radios?

I have a pair of them sitting in a box somewhere. Very curious what's up.
Toolman1120

Post by Toolman1120 »

I would love to get a chance to purchase some of those guns before the police get to them. It's just a shame what is going to happen to the guns once they are bought back.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

jgarvas wrote:OFCC is preparing to do something rather unorthodox and huge at this year's event. I am just curious how many people already intend to go to the event and/or are considering it? I have a solution to the sign issue that will be make it incredibly clear to anyone in line that they can sell their firearm if they're interested.

Who is going? Do any of you own FRS radios?
I will be there again this year , FRS radios are fairly inexpensive so i will pick up a pair.
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Some of us are meeting for breakfast all ofcc are welcome to join, i suggest the where and when be in PM ONLY .
Last edited by steves 50de on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Rifles Matter
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

steves 50de wrote:Some us are meeting for breakfast all ofcc are welcome to join, i suggest the where and when be in PM ONLY .
Is breakfast illegal in Cleveland too? :)
Jeff Garvas, President

Is that you?

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

jgarvas wrote:
steves 50de wrote:Some us are meeting for breakfast all ofcc are welcome to join, i suggest the where and when be in PM ONLY .
Nope just a little funny about WHO i eat breakfast with. :wink: :)
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

steves 50de wrote:
jgarvas wrote:
Nope just a little funny about WHO i eat breakfast with. :wink: :)
Not all THAT funny. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

pirateguy191 wrote:
steves 50de wrote: Nope just a little funny about WHO i eat breakfast with. :wink: :)
Not all THAT funny. :wink:
I've eaten breakfast with him.

It's not funny...it's SCARY !! :shock:

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

One of the firearm blogs picked up the 'buyback' event. they located an article with scheduled times for the event.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/09/up ... ty-in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news ... ocal-store" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The event is Saturday, September 6 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Public Safety Central, located at 2001 Payne Avenue.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Bruenor wrote:One of the firearm blogs picked up the 'buyback' event. they located an article with scheduled times for the event.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/09/up ... ty-in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news ... ocal-store" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The event is Saturday, September 6 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Public Safety Central, located at 2001 Payne Avenue.
I've been giving Dean information over the past week or two. Current thread here:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Garvas, President

Is that you?