Suspect dead, clerk injured when robbery goes bad...

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Toledo: robber dead, clerk wounded

Post by rickt »

No mention of CHL status.
A would-be convenience store robber in West Toledo is dead after an exchange of gunfire with the clerk Saturday night, Toledo police said.

Dead is Christopher Shockley, 28, of 1201 Champlain St., according to police.

Taken to Toledo Hospital for surgery is December Long, 29, police said.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/ ... oledo.html
Marsh

Suspect dead, clerk injured when robbery goes bad...

Post by Marsh »

This happened here in West Toledo about a mile and a half from my house. Apparently all of these stop & go carryouts are armed as i understand. The clerk unfortunately is in critical condition, the robber is no longer amongst us... This particular location, (in a nice neighborhood) has been robbed 3 times in the last month. Marsh..

http://www.13abc.com/story/23861553/sus ... o-carryout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PT140 Millenium Pro .40 Cal., Gazelle IWB & OWB Leather Holster... Taurus .357 Magnum, Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster... Taurus "Judge" 3" Magnum., Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster...
pirateguy191

Re: Suspect dead, clerk injured when robbery goes bad...

Post by pirateguy191 »

Doesn't sound like such a "nice neighborhood" seeing as one place has been robbed three times in a month. :?
Hope the clerk pulls through.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
ktmrider

Post by ktmrider »

Well..... its a lil nicer now :D

and when the clerk is alive and the robber is dead..... I say its a robbery gone RIGHT
dingode

Post by dingode »

Bout a mile and a half from my house too. One less criminal, who's family will say was "good boy", robbing people. Hope the clerk recovers fully.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Dupe? http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=76756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

pirateguy191 wrote:Doesn't sound like such a "nice neighborhood" seeing as one place has been robbed three times in a month. :?
Hope the clerk pulls through.

Actually it is a nice neighborhood, but these days i don't think it reallly matters what end of town you're in. Crime seems to happen in all areas these days, it seems if it has close freeway access, it's a hotspot..
PT140 Millenium Pro .40 Cal., Gazelle IWB & OWB Leather Holster... Taurus .357 Magnum, Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster... Taurus "Judge" 3" Magnum., Uncle Mike's Sidekick Belt Holster...
XDSC9G30

Post by XDSC9G30 »

If a place gets robbed three times than the neighborhood around it is not nice. My area has a car broken into once in awhile and I simply say "It's ok" when asked about my neighborhood. If a place near me was robbed three times my answer would change to "This area sucks, I'm looking for another place to live".

I've been to this area numerous times and really don't like being there at night. The residents in the actual neighborhoods may be decent however most of the people that travel through are not.

However, I am happy there is one less moron running the streets. Hopefully the clerk survives and isn't harmed for defending herself.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Toledo: robber dead, clerk wounded

Post by techmike »

Would be robber = ex-con, living in halfway house. I am shocked, I tell you... How did the system fail us? An ex-con that was NOT rehabilitated, and somehow, against all laws and logic, gained access to an illegal (to him) firearm and proceeded to go and break other laws!!!! What happened to the background checks??? Obviously, we need to speedily enact more laws to prohibit this type of illegal activity. Just a few more laws, it's for the children, it's common sense, 92% of the American people want it, you don't need a gun, studies show that you can't defend yourself, the police are only a few minutes away. Oh, I forgot, Mayor Bell closed the West Toledo Police Station, which used to be right down the street from the crime scene. So, I guess the police are more than just minutes away......

Forgot to add, to the clerk: Godspeed and wishes for a speedy recovery.
Last edited by techmike on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
pirateguy191

Re: Toledo: robber dead, clerk wounded

Post by pirateguy191 »

Duplicate, but I have no proof at the moment.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Duplicate topics merged.

Carry on.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
ToledoXJ

Post by ToledoXJ »

Good school (Elmhurst) houses holding value great little stores all up and down that street. It is a good neighborhood.

I'm east of Jackman. Now my neighborhood is a dump.
CS Holsters

Post by CS Holsters »

Yep, very close to my house to. I learned a long time ago, the criminals go wherever they think the money is......good neighborhood or bad, they care less they dont have to live there, they are just stoping in to collect what is owed them, being held down and everything the way they are.
Evolution will eventually end the gun ownership debate, by removing those who refuse to defend themselves from the gene pool.

Http://www.csholsters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carry Always, Carry Safe
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

It is a good area. I ran out of gas at 3am at Sylvania and secor a few weeks back. I wasn't worried at all waiting for the wife to bring some gas.

We must all be neighbors. I'm right up the street at Sylvania and talmadge.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
soontobedeity
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by soontobedeity »

This stop & rob is down the street from me too. Howdy all!