Father kills son in confrontation

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

Father kills son in confrontation

Post by glocksmith »

A man responded to a burglary in progress and after shooting and killing the suspect...he discovered it was his own son:

http://cincinnatibell.net/news/read.php ... %3E&ps=931
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Re: Father kills son in confrontation

Post by Brian D. »

Well that's not quite like any story I've read before. Wonder if the kid had done other home break ins or this was his first attempt?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

He starting coming after the father.....

Wouldn't the kid know it was his dad and he would be armed ? This is very strange and hard to believe...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

Tragic to say the least.
A woman who was alone in the home believed someone was breaking in and called the teen's father, who lives next door, state police said.
But why was the call not made to the police? I realize proximity may have played a large part - i.e. help from an armed neighbor is a lot closer than help from police who are a few (I'm an optimist) minutes away.
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Wouldn't the kid know it was his dad and he would be armed ?
One would think so, well, might not have known he was armed but I can't see how he would know know his own father, even in the dark
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Beskar'gam wrote:Tragic to say the least.
A woman who was alone in the home believed someone was breaking in and called the teen's father, who lives next door, state police said.
But why was the call not made to the police? I realize proximity may have played a large part - i.e. help from an armed neighbor is a lot closer than help from police who are a few (I'm an optimist) minutes away.
Bad reporting is a better explanation: She called her brother, who lives next door. He confronted the person who was dressed all in black and wearing a ski mask. That person came at him with a weapon (not disclosed exactly what type) and he fired. After police arrived they pulled off the ski mask to discover it was the man's adopted son.
source: http://www.kltv.com/story/19663999/new- ... ts-his-son
Last edited by DontTreadOnMe on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

"Our district has experienced a tragedy that has affected us deeply," she wrote, adding that students weren't told of the killing because all the facts weren't clear.
Is she really stupid enough to think the students need her to tell them that this happened? Really? No wonder American kids don't learn anything in school anymore. The schools are being run by complete morons!
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Beskar'gam wrote:Tragic to say the least.
Bad reporting is a better explanation: She called her brother, who lives next door. He confronted the person who was dressed all in black and wearing a ski mask. That person came at him with a weapon (not disclosed exactly what type) and he fired. After police arrived they pulled off the ski mask to discover it was the man's adopted son.
source: http://www.kltv.com/story/19663999/new- ... ts-his-son
OK, that makes a bit more sense. I still hope 911, was her first call though. This guy's got enough to deal with without getting charged with something
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Beskar'gam wrote:I still hope 911, was her first call though. This guy's got enough to deal with without getting charged with something
According to http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/loca ... 49751.html
"She called 911 and also called her next door neighbor, who according to reports is her brother."

That article also confirms police found Tyler's weapon (not saying what type), and that another woman had recently been assaulted at home and the suspect was at-large.

Sounds like both the father & son were good guys. From what I've read the boy was being cared for by his grandmother until 5th grade and was adopted by the man, who knew him from school, to prevent him going into foster care. Tyler was apparently a member of the Civilian Air Patrol and had volunteered at a shelter.

**Edit to add: Police have confirmed the "shiny object" Tyler had was a knife.