FTF Nashville gun sale goes terribly wrong

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

FTF Nashville gun sale goes terribly wrong

Post by docachna »

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_stori ... 3917.shtml
According Metro Police, McLean and his brother arrived in the parking lot to sell two handguns, a deal made through an Internet site. McLean walked around to the back of his SUV to show the buyers the guns. Officials say words were exchanged as shots were fired.
Unknown at this time what Internet site was involved.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: FTF Nashville gun sale goes terribly wrong

Post by evan price »

The two buyers, suspects, are described as two black men. They fled the scene in a car.
Sounds just like:

"This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a...car of some sort, heading in the direction of...you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless."
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Evan, I hear those APBs all the time sadly. I kinda wonder what the point of even putting them out is. "Attention All Cars, Be on the lookout for a Male White wearing a hoodie driving a red car last seen ten minutes ago headed towards I-71."

Sad thing is, I'm sure that's PC to stop every red car with a M/W driver.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

When I am engaged in similar deeds, I tend to take someone with me. That someone's job is to watch the other person/persons. That person is always armed. He may not be in the car with me, but he's close, and he's watching. My favorites are my kid, the retired Marine, or a retired cop friend.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

That's one reason why I text the license plate of the vehicle and my location to my best friend if I'm doing a deal with someone I don't know (or someone on here with say less than 500 posts). If he doesn't hear from that all is good in like 10 minutes he knows to call the police and give the info to them. SO far never had an issue and I've met some shady deals from shady people on Craigslist buying non-firearm stuff.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Tweed Ring wrote:When I am engaged in similar deeds, I tend to take someone with me. That someone's job is to watch the other person/persons. That person is always armed. He may not be in the car with me, but he's close, and he's watching. My favorites are my kid, the retired Marine, or a retired cop friend.
Standing overwatch with a rifle is even better.

A Marine with a rifle . . . . 'nuff said.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

JediSkipdogg wrote:That's one reason why I text the license plate of the vehicle and my location to my best friend if I'm doing a deal with someone I don't know (or someone on here with say less than 500 posts). If he doesn't hear from that all is good in like 10 minutes he knows to call the police and give the info to them. SO far never had an issue and I've met some shady deals from shady people on Craigslist buying non-firearm stuff.
Bummer if your cell phone goes dead or you hit a spot with no cell service and you can't manage to get the "all clear, I'm good!" text out! Cops get sent out to chase down someone because a text got lost and not delivered, oops! :P
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

BobK wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:When I am engaged in similar deeds, I tend to take someone with me. That someone's job is to watch the other person/persons. That person is always armed. He may not be in the car with me, but he's close, and he's watching. My favorites are my kid, the retired Marine, or a retired cop friend.
Standing overwatch with a rifle is even better.

A Marine with a rifle . . . . 'nuff said.

My kid does not like me doing this, so he's always ready to help. He is clearly a much better shot than this writer; must be the Marine Corps training. When he underwent the Ohio Concealed Carry training, he shot a smiley face on his target with his Kimber.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Sevens wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:That's one reason why I text the license plate of the vehicle and my location to my best friend if I'm doing a deal with someone I don't know (or someone on here with say less than 500 posts). If he doesn't hear from that all is good in like 10 minutes he knows to call the police and give the info to them. SO far never had an issue and I've met some shady deals from shady people on Craigslist buying non-firearm stuff.
Bummer if your cell phone goes dead or you hit a spot with no cell service and you can't manage to get the "all clear, I'm good!" text out! Cops get sent out to chase down someone because a text got lost and not delivered, oops! :P
I would think the first text wouldn't go through. And if I'm in an area that is that remote, well, I'm moving cause how the heck would I call for help if TSHTF?

jburtonpdx

Post by jburtonpdx »

If I know who I'm dealing with Im good. If not, well.....

"I dont always have backup, but when I do, its armed, trained, and experienced."
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Stronger gun control laws could have prevented this. We need to ban assault rifles and high capacity clips.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I would think the first text wouldn't go through. And if I'm in an area that is that remote, well, I'm moving cause how the heck would I call for help if TSHTF?
Really? Are you telling me you've never had a single txt dropped between two phones, as if it's a black & white issue? My post was mostly tongue-in-cheeck, but phones drop txts, it happens, it's not some ultra-rare event.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ And here I was, wondering why there was a red dot on my forehead, while I made the exchange with pirateguy. :P

Unknown to him, though, my daughter had her Microtech clutched behind her back. :P :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You see, this is where crooks are stupid when they try to make a get away in a car.....Now if it was me I'd use a Segway...

APB one perp heading South on I 71 doing 8 miles hour...Grey Segway....with white walls....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
docachna

Post by docachna »

carmen fovozzo wrote:You see, this is where crooks are stupid when they try to make a get away in a car.....Now if it was me I'd use a Segway...

APB one perp heading South on I 71 doing 8 miles hour...Grey Segway....with white walls....
"....mounted on 22" spinners........" :wink:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE