LEO Kills Wheelchair confined Double Amputee

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

LEO Kills Wheelchair confined Double Amputee

Post by glocksmith »

For brandishing an ink pen at the two officers:

http://news.yahoo.com/houston-officer-k ... 40280.html
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Bianchi?

Re: LEO Kills Wheelchair confined Double Amputee

Post by Bianchi? »

And us CHL-ers are the ones accused of being trigger happy.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Typically, the first news report is either inaccurate, lacking information, or both. Investigation, interpretation and litigation to follow.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Wait, am I threat with my tac pen? I'm fairly confident I could cause serious harm with a bic pen.

Am reserving judgement on this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
BobK

Post by BobK »

"It was close quarters in the area of the house," Silva said. "The officer was forced into an area where he had no way to get out."
Yeah, I guess it is real hard to back off enough to avoid a guy in a wheel chair. :roll:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

BobK wrote:
"It was close quarters in the area of the house," Silva said. "The officer was forced into an area where he had no way to get out."
Yeah, I guess it is real hard to back off enough to avoid a guy in a wheel chair. :roll:
Maybe it was a Porsche Wheel Chair that could outrun him. :mrgreen:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
BobK wrote:
Yeah, so if anyone here is in the market for a Porsche Wheel Chair...now's your chance to get a good used one. After all, the guy won't be needing it now that he's been murdered.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
BobK wrote:
Maybe it wasn't a wheelchair. Maybe he had accomplices...

Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I think I read the guy lost limbs after being hit by a train. My guess is he was never the same after that, or he wasn't good to begin with. I mean normally train's aren't hard to avoid being hit by. I just think man that is very rough to deal with the loss of a limb. I am thankful everyday I wake up in one piece. I don't know what to make of this story because seems to be lacking some details.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

deanimator wrote:Maybe it wasn't a wheelchair. Maybe he had accomplices...

Hey, you come at me bleating "EXTERMINATE!" you're gonna get a face full of 00 buckshot, wheelchair or not.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
BobK

Post by BobK »

I don't recall the exact news article, but when that incident was discussed down here someone said the amputee was schizophrenic.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

EDP's can be dangerous.
shrekfingers

Post by shrekfingers »

No baton to whack his arm holding the pen? A 22" asp would have givin him plenty of reach, I mean even a head shot with a baton would have been more easily justified.. No OC to blind him, no Taser? wow. Nothing like not following a use of force continuum, sounds like a lack of training and or failure of the department to supply less that deadly force equipment..
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Sad. So sad.

Okay, the guy was mentally unstable. That's why police were called. It doesn't sound like the police were properly trained in handling mentally unstable people, or maybe the cop was unstable himself. Maybe the cop was a Harless type who couldn't deal with someone who didn't follow his orders.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

OhioPaints wrote:Sad. So sad.

Okay, the guy was mentally unstable. That's why police were called. It doesn't sound like the police were properly trained in handling mentally unstable people, or maybe the cop was unstable himself. Maybe the cop was a Harless type who couldn't deal with someone who didn't follow his orders.
A while ago, they had a similar incident in a hospital in Chicago.

An elderly man got stabbed in the abdomen. Rather than go to the hospital initially, he chose to stay home and get drunk. Eventually, he decided he needed to go to the hospital.

While at the hospital, he got into some kind of dispute with the staff, who called the police. He was handcuffed to a wheelchair, whereupon he spit on one of the cops. The cop proceeded to savagely beat him with a sap. As frequently happens, the cop was unaware that there were security cameras recording.

As is typical in Chicago, he got some trivial "punishment", including extended suspension without pay. He was actually scheduled to return to duty. Then the barmaid got stomped, the then current Superintendent resigned and Jody Weis, a former FBI agent replaced him.

To everybody's (in the Department) surprise, Weis decided that he really didn't need any cops who beat old men handcuffed to wheelchairs... especially on video.

Weis referred the guy for Federal prosecution. He was indicted, tried and served Federal prison time.

The rank and file erupted like a crowd of Eyptians watching a You-Tube video, and stayed in a slow motion mutiny against Weis until the end of his tenure.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.