DHS forced to release list of monitored keywords

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

DHS forced to release list of monitored keywords

Post by evan price »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-you.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DHS list of keywords that are automatically detected in electronic communication and social media and flagged for further investigation.

How many of them can we use in one series of posts on the forums? :lol:
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
dan dan the XD40 man

Re: DHS forced to release list of monitored keywords

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

I like that "Meth Lab" is on there. As if anyone really involved in the meth industry would refer to the place of manufacture as a "meth lab"
Poop!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Ouch. I've used a bunch of those words. I used them today, on-line. I spoke some of them in my meeting, this morning.
fisher

Post by fisher »

I cooked some pork and beans from Mexico the other day. It was an attack on my digestive system. I dropped a pretty big dirty bomb in the bathroom. It is going to take a whole team to clean it. Hopefully, the cloud of methane will not overwhelm them, unless they are are in Al Qadea. Terrorism sucks.

If you clicked on this post, you are now on the list.
Upgrade to Tinfloilhat 2.0. It is safe for grilling at high temperatures.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

fisher wrote:I cooked some pork and beans from Mexico the other day. It was an attack on my digestive system. I dropped a pretty big dirty bomb in the bathroom. It is going to take a whole team to clean it. Hopefully, the cloud of methane will not overwhelm them, unless they are are in Al Qadea. Terrorism sucks.

If you clicked on this post, you are now on the list.
Upgrade to Tinfloilhat 2.0. It is safe for grilling at high temperatures.
Conversely, I could say " I whipped out my jammy, and wasted 2 popos last night" and no one would care. Seems talkin' all gangsta wouldn't draw any attention at all. Stupid list, they are prolly monitoring more innocents who are just talking about headlines than the actual people doing bad stuff. Go team dirty pork bomb!!!! :lol:
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Anybody remember the campaign to crash the "carnivore" AI back in the '90s by randomly inserting key words into usenet posts?

There could be no harm in doing the same on the web.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

evan price wrote:How many of them can we use in one series of posts on the forums? :lol:
I'm sure we'll never know.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Also of interest- the list gets published in the UK, but gets no attention in the US.
Well, probably not odd, when you think about it.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Shaolin_dragon

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

Especially when the "doughnut" is over there and not over here....
I carry, because I care!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

As I suspected "Zombie apocalypse" is still a safe term..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I like that "Meth Lab" is on there. As if anyone really involved in the meth industry would refer to the place of manufacture as a "meth lab"

Whats a meth user have to do with homeland security ?

Or is this really an excuse for their drug war? Keep busting people, keep getting the drug money to buy police the latest tech, guns and tanks (yes tanks) , keep imprisoning people charging you me and everyone $$ to build more prisons to house people. Is this security or drug war gone bad ?
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Well I figure most of us are on their list anyway. Afterall, anyone who believes that the Constitution is meaningful is probably on their watch list as a terrorist. :cry:
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

So if most of us are on the "list",which we probably are, and most of us are LAC's, then just who is doing the watching? :cry:

Not necessary to answer. I think I already know. :x
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Shaolin_dragon

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

WestonDon wrote:So if most of us are on the "list",which we probably are, and most of us are LAC's, then just who is doing the watching? :cry:

Not necessary to answer. I think I already know. :x
Well...the donut generally keeps watch over the UK. For those that dont know, the Donut is the nickname for GCHQ. (Google them, its easier! :lol: ). Some folks say that QCHQ is used by both UK and US, but GCHQBude is, more than likely, the ones that watch over the US as well as the UK.
I carry, because I care!
augiet65

Post by augiet65 »

What some of the top posters on this site should do is put some of the words in their signature, Evan Price, Tweed, Bobk, PGWP, and several other. I wonder what that would do with their systems?
Coin Carrying member of OFCC