Neighbors oppose airgun tournaments at Lakeview Church Parma

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Neighbors oppose airgun tournaments at Lakeview Church Parma

Post by Bruenor »

Interesting Church sponsored activity. I'd play if i lived near there.. why not ?

Guess the neighbors view all guns as bad....

Neighbors oppose air-gun tournaments at Lakeview Church of God in Parma
http://www.cleveland.com/parma/index.ss ... tourn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last month, Morgan told council that for at least three years young people have played with “airsoft” guns on church property. Morgan said the young people did not have permission to play with airsoft guns on church property.

However, when he learned how popular airsoft guns are, Morgan and the church decided to organize airsoft tournaments. The problem was that city code prohibits the outdoor use of airsoft or paint guns.
Zeigler said she and her neighbors are concerned about the safety of air gun tournaments and about children and-or pets getting hurt by stray air-gun pellets.

Also, Zeigler questioned whether a church should sponsor air-gun events. “I really have an issue with that — that a church is promoting something like that in our city,” Zeigler told council.

“Now is not the time for Parma to be on the radar screen with something like that, with what’s going on in the world today, with different shootings and things like that,” Zeigler said.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Neighbors oppose airgun tournaments at Lakeview Church P

Post by Rhino »

Using the law to force their political correctness on others. Nice. And I love the claim that airgun tournaments would cause neighborhood vandalism. What bodily orifice did she pull that idea out of? Nevermind. I know the answer to that.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
SigMan

Post by SigMan »

These kind of people make me laugh and mumble libtard under my breathe.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to William Stephens Smith, November 13, 1787.

You can have Freedom or Free things but not both, choose one!
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

These people need to stop villifying innocent and innocuous behavior. :evil:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
AndMetal

Post by AndMetal »

Sounds like someone doesn't understand the difference between metal BBs, .177 pellets, and airsoft.
Ruger P95 9mm
More to come, I'm sure.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

AndMetal wrote:Sounds like someone doesn't understand the difference between metal BBs, .177 pellets, and airsoft.
They are all guns and all guns are dangerous. That's why I don't own any. I teach the NRA Basic Pistol class with blue guns only and for the range portion we throw crumbled paper. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
AndMetal wrote:Sounds like someone doesn't understand the difference between metal BBs, .177 pellets, and airsoft.
They are all guns and all guns are dangerous. That's why I don't own any. I teach the NRA Basic Pistol class with blue guns only and for the range portion we throw crumbled paper. :lol:
Crumbled paper???!!!??? Why do you hate trees so much????

:P :lol:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

sodbuster95 wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
Crumbled paper???!!!??? Why do you hate trees so much????

:P :lol:
It's recycled paper. My next choice was Nerf balls, but they could injure someone, of course paper may give someone a fatal paper cut.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

We should cut down more trees for paper. Helps reduce forest fires. :mrgreen:
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Kind of a Dupe, maybe more of an update?

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

JediSkipdogg wrote:

Be careful, that crumbled paper could go off and ten innocent orphans could be killed.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
AndMetal

Post by AndMetal »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
I'm just talking about the difference in muzzle energy. Airsoft is something like 1-2 foot pounds, a .177 air pellet is something like 15, and a .22 LR is something like 117:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft_pe ... ballistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_energy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been hit with an airsoft pellet on bare skin at point blank range, and it hurt and left a mark, but wasn't even close to breaking skin. Aside from being shot in the eye, I think it's far from the danger you are equating it to. Heavier, solid projectiles like BBs and pellets on the other hand...

Bottom line, as long as they stay safe and take responsibility if someone outside of the event gets hurt, I say let them do what they want.
Ruger P95 9mm
More to come, I'm sure.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

What's the muzzle energy of crumpled paper?
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

bunkeru2k

Post by bunkeru2k »

Most places have a ban on airguns within city limits. It includes pellet guns, paintball, airsoft, etc. Not really some recent conspiracy against firearms....it has been around for decades.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Really? First I've heard of one.

-- Samuel Adams