Dairy Queen Clerk Shoots Dead Samurai Wielding Robber

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Dairy Queen Clerk Shoots Dead Samurai Wielding Robber

Post by pirateguy191 »

A masked man who attempted to rob a Las Vegas Dairy Queen with a 3-foot-long samurai sword was shot in the chest and killed by a restaurant clerk, KLAS reports.
Authorities say the shooting appears to have been in self-defense but that detectives were investigating whether the gun used was properly registered. No charges have been filed against the clerk at this time.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dairy-q ... ng-robber/
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
curmudgeon3

Re: Dairy Queen Clerk Shoots Dead Samurai Wielding Robber

Post by curmudgeon3 »

BAN-Z-A-A-A-I-I-I !!!
SigMan

Post by SigMan »

Natural selection at work.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to William Stephens Smith, November 13, 1787.

You can have Freedom or Free things but not both, choose one!
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Huh. Clark County is the only county in Nevada that has any sort of registration (hand guns only in Clark County). Every other county does not have any registration at all.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Local authorities considered it an act of "Hari-Dari".

Thank you! I'll be here all week! :lol:
The British are going! The British are going!
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Yes, and our friend with the sword would like a Hot Lead Blizzard.

Another robber bites the dust.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Don't bring a samarai sword to a gunfight.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I'm trying to figure out how a law like this exists in Vegas ? You get robbed and almost beheaded, not to mention soiling your pants, and you get arrested for unregistered gun.....Instead of a thank you from LE for getting a wacko off the streets you end up in jail...Pretty sad...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I'm trying to figure out how a law like this exists in Vegas ? You get robbed and almost beheaded, not to mention soiling your pants, and you get arrested for unregistered gun.....Instead of a thank you from LE for getting a wacko off the streets you end up in jail...Pretty sad...
He got arrested for an unregistered gun? I thought the police were just verifying that the clerk's gun was registered.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

He shot a dead samurai that was wielding a robber? Is the zombie apocalypse upon us and worse that I could have imagined?! :lol:
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Bianchi? wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:I'm trying to figure out how a law like this exists in Vegas ? You get robbed and almost beheaded, not to mention soiling your pants, and you get arrested for unregistered gun.....Instead of a thank you from LE for getting a wacko off the streets you end up in jail...Pretty sad...
He got arrested for an unregistered gun? I thought the police were just verifying that the clerk's gun was registered.
He wasn't arrested. At least the article didn't say he was. It said no charges were filed.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
FlyinCedar

Post by FlyinCedar »

Klingon00 wrote:He shot a dead samurai that was wielding a robber? Is the zombie apocalypse upon us and worse that I could have imagined?! :lol:
I feel better now that I wasn't the only one thinking this :D
docachna

Post by docachna »

FlyinCedar wrote:
Klingon00 wrote:He shot a dead samurai that was wielding a robber? Is the zombie apocalypse upon us and worse that I could have imagined?! :lol:
I feel better now that I wasn't the only one thinking this :D
But how many of us OLD GUYS were thinking this ???

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... sen/280284
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Registering a gun makes no sense to me because it says the rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Seems like "registering" could "disenfranchise" some folks.

In Las Vegas nevada all handguns must be registerd. You must carry a "Blue Card" With you, when you have the gun.

In Nevada you're gun is listed on you're conceal carry licence. You can have 2 guns on you're licence. So you can only carry a gun listed. IE I could have a Sprinfield xD 9 and a Desert Eagle (easy to conceal in a desert right ? ) on my licence. But then I couldn't legally carry a diffrent model of gun with out having it changed.

Pretty screwy for a mostly free state.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :lol: