Youngstown - 8 year old killed in shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Re: Youngstown - 8 year old killed in shooting

Post by Tweed Ring »

How about "reasonably priced shawn..."
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

Tweed Ring wrote:How about "reasonably priced shawn..."
Not sure if anyone else saw that his pictures of his father all show him in his jailhouse blues... Go figure.
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

This is the kind of stuff that terrifies me. I don't live within the city limits of Yompton, but my mom still lives on the East side. That means we visit frequently and my kids spend the night at her house from time to time. My mom lives on a rather quiet street where no one bothers each other and the neighbors all still mostly look out for each other, but how much longer will that last? They're one of the last neighborhoods with an 'older' population and none of the yutes hanging around, but that can't last forever.

I feel so horrible for that family and I can't/don't want to imagine what they are going through right now.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Saw on the news that he was on probation at the time the shooting took place. They also brought up the fact that he was booked into Mahoning County Jail at least 8 times before. ~.~
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

MrKitty wrote:Saw on the news that he was on probation at the time the shooting took place. They also brought up the fact that he was booked into Mahoning County Jail at least 8 times before. ~.~
In the last three years...

http://www.wkbn.com/content/news/local/ ... lS91g.cspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, he's 21 now and has been arrested at least eight times since he turned 18. I'm pretty sure there's no one talking about him being a 'good boy' who was 'just starting to get his life together'. There are only a few details about what some of those arrests entailed, but how many chances can someone get to straighten up? Gee, why don't we let this repeat offender back on the streets so he can kill an innocent child in his sleep because someone hurt his feelings? In what plane of reality do you reside where you think this is OK behavior? I just don't get it.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Am I the only one who wonders why "possibly an AK-47" was in the article? How would they know that? Did they put it in just to sensationalize the story a little bit more? It could 'possibly' have been almost anything. Even if they had the empty brass, there were still a number of possibilities other than the eeeeeeeevil AK-47.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Other charges include such gems as:

Case Number 09CRA01814Y - Improper Handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle
Case Number 09TRD03325Y - DUS
Case Number 10CRB02271Y - Underage Consumption
Case Number 11CRA02652Y - Receiving Stolen Property

:evil:
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.