This is why more women should carry

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rDigital

This is why more women should carry

Post by rDigital »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/17/lo ... latestnews
A Louisiana college student desperately tried to fend off her killer by spraying him with mace and even stabbing him several times with his own knife before he fatally shot her, according to details revealed Friday in a guilty plea hearing.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/17/lo ... z23vPivpZD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's not that she lacked the will to fight, it's just that she was over powered by this cretin. If she had been lawfully carrying a firearm, things may have been quite different.
techguy85

Re: This is why more women should carry

Post by techguy85 »

I hate reading stories like this. I wish she had been carrying and had centerpunched him with her handgun the minute he threatened her life. :evil:
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Toby Hoover would probably say that she's better off with what happened, because if she'd had a gun she might have gotten shot...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I so hate to hear people say, "oh, but if she had a gun, he'd just take it away and shoot her with it."

Evidence doesn't support that.

What I have read is that if a woman fights back, it better be with a handgun, because any other fighting will get her killed. The gun is the only thing that stops attacks, with or without being fired.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Mustang380gal wrote:What I have read is that if a woman fights back, it better be with a handgun, because any other fighting will get her killed. The gun is the only thing that stops attacks, with or without being fired.
But I saw this documentary, "Xena, Warrior Princess", and she NEVER needed a gun to defeat anywhere up to fifty larger, stronger male opponents...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
SC-JG

Post by SC-JG »

1.) Situational awareness.... She should NOT have be walking or riding her bicycle home alone, especially in the early AM/late at night.

2.) Never get in the vehicle......odds are really high at you are going to die if you get in that car/truck. The BG doesn't really want to kill you where you are at, and THAT is the main reason they want to get you in the vehicle- to rape and/or kill you someplace else. Do anything and everything to not go anywhere.

3.) Yep, she should have had a gun. In this case, it sounds as if he proved himself to be a threat before he was within arms reach of her. So, she could have shot him before he got close enough have a chance at getting the gun.
...peace out