Good article on the stock piling of ammunition by our govern

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Johnny Glocko

Re: Good article on the stock piling of ammunition by our go

Post by Johnny Glocko »

NavyChief wrote:This essay by Greg Ellifritz puts it in a bit better perspective:

The Government is Ordering Millions of Bullets…Should I Be Worried?

Bottom line? Just more typical wasting of our tax dollars.
Good article. The author's point about budget cycles is particularly well-taken.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Ordering Hollow Point ammo for "training" just show how much our leaders in government really know! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Ordering Hollow Point ammo for "training" just show how much our leaders in government really know! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Johnny Glocko wrote:The author's point about budget cycles is particularly well-taken.
I saw it regularly during my 20 in the Navy. Throughout the year the Supply Officer would be saying, "Nope. No money. Can't afford it. Figure something else out." Then magically around the second or third week of August the tune changed to "Hey! You guys need to get me a list of all the tools, supplies and other stuff you need. Now! What about schools? Are there any schools you can go to in September? Go. Get 'em booked. What are you doing still standing here?" See, the one thing a SuppO really didn't want to do was go out with a budget augment request during the course of the year. ...didn't look good in his FitRep if he couldn't manage his budget any better than that. So he'd hoard the money as much as possible throughout the year in case something big came up. Then of course, at the end of the (fiscal) year, the money needs to be gone, lest the powers-that-be figure if we got by with 5% under budget this year, then they can direct that 5% somewhere else next year.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
SeafoodGuy

Post by SeafoodGuy »

NavyChief wrote:This essay by Greg Ellifritz puts it in a bit better perspective:

The Government is Ordering Millions of Bullets…Should I Be Worried?

Bottom line? Just more typical wasting of our tax dollars.
I wrote out a long reply, but figured I better delete it because it got too detailed.

My friend works in accounts receivable for the DoD, and he/she could come on here and write a book about how much money they waste.

The biggest problem is how they do the budgets for all government agencies and departments. And it causes everyone to blow money on crap they don't even need, just so they spend the dollar about. Because if you spent $2 billion in 2011 but were appropriated $3 billion, they will cut you back to $2 billion in 2012. This causes everyone to just go crazy on spending.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Retired Major General Jerry Curry wrote Friday:
Those against whom the hollow point bullets are to be used — those causing the civil unrest — must be American citizens; since the SSA has never been used overseas to help foreign countries maintain control of their citizens.

We have local police, backed up by each state’s National Guard, backed up by the Department of Defense. So in addition to all these forces why does DHS need its own private army? Why do the SSA, NOAA and other government agencies need to create their own civilian security forces armed with hollow nose bullets?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

It'll be interesting to see the eventual outcome of this "reported" .gov business stimulus to the ammo industry. The effect on prices/availability to the private citizens, capacity, jobs to handle the increased demands, expansion of mfg. facilities, etc.