Family Research council shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Family Research council shooting

Post by sodbuster95 »

Werz wrote:
sodbuster95 wrote:The government isn't really in the "marriage" business as much as it's in the divorce business. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those problems (child rearing and support, division of real and personal property, etc.) are far from "minuscule" and having nothing to do with whether or not a church may or may not have recognized the "marriage."
Don't forget about probate.
Ah, yes...death is a very lucrative business for the government (and, to be fair, some attorneys).
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

wkdravenna wrote:Its part of the statement the guy was making. Its Jermaine to the story.
Or at least it's germane.

(but Mr. Jackson thanks you for the shout-out)
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Tweed Ring wrote:I'd like to know more about this young man. Is he a registered voter? What are his politics? Does he lean Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party? Was it George Bush or Michelle Bachmann who supplied the firearm?
Again, doesn't matter if he's a D, R, I, G, LGBTI (yeah, they added an I), Pan, red. yellow, black, white, tea party, occupier, etc. What this person DID is the crime. Not what he thought.

Should be fun to hear the liberals distance themselves from this guy without being hypocrites the way they insist Tim McVeigh is / was/ will ever be a Christian (cannot be simply disowned). Will they shower moral outrage on this guy or will they sympathize that he "had no other path, in his mind"? Will they come right out and call him a knuckle-dragger? Watch the contortions.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Although the media did not immediately blame conservatives or the Tea Party in this instance, here is a list of recent events where such groups were initially connected, only to find out that this was entirely false. First impressions are all important, no?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Human Rights Campaign (HRC) confirms that they still regard Family Research Council (FRC) a "hate group", a moniker not given to any Islamic religious group (although they share the same political position on certain issues).

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

jabeatty wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:I'd like to know more about this young man. Is he a registered voter? What are his politics? Does he lean Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party? Was it George Bush or Michelle Bachmann who supplied the firearm?
FRC is a Christian organization, and the young man is (supposedly) an LGBT activist.
Having witnessed the endless feeding frenzy of the Democrat Press Corps blaming any available Conservatives for any such atrocities, I just assumed this was just a wandering Tea Party type who, armed secretly by some right winger, attacked the wrong building...
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

bignflnut wrote:
Again, doesn't matter if he's a D, R, I, G, LGBTI (yeah, they added an I), Pan, red. yellow, black, white, tea party, occupier, etc. What this person DID is the crime. Not what he thought.

Should be fun to hear the liberals distance themselves from this guy without being hypocrites the way they insist Tim McVeigh is / was/ will ever be a Christian (cannot be simply disowned). Will they shower moral outrage on this guy or will they sympathize that he "had no other path, in his mind"? Will they come right out and call him a knuckle-dragger? Watch the contortions.
Sure it matters. If he is a Liberal, my people can use that fact in a political manner. But, if he is a white Hispanic, then it's a zero sum game.
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Lol. We all have people in our "groups" or social circles we're ashamed of. :oops:
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

BB62 wrote:
wkdravenna wrote:Its part of the statement the guy was making. Its Jermaine to the story.
Or at least it's germane.

(but Mr. Jackson thanks you for the shout-out)
:lol: You got me. I wasen't sure if it was a J or a G.

English isn't my first language.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

BorisTheSpider wrote:
Cybercop wrote:...James McJunkin, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said authorities do not yet know the gunman's motive.
I know I'm not supposed to, but come on - how can you not giggle when you see that name? It's like FBI agents get to create their own aliases, and this guy got in when he was 12.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled political mutterings...
What's so funny about jimmy Mcjunkin.... :wink:
alan93

Post by alan93 »

The media whiffs again....

"Neither NBC Nightly News nor CBS Evening News produced a full story on the FRC shooting, instead committing only 17 and 20 seconds respectively for anchor briefs that omitted the shooter's motive," Media Research Center reported.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/media ... ing-80134/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Corkins was charged with transporting firearms and ammunition across state lines and assault with the intent to kill while armed. The transportation charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years; the assault charge, 30 years.
Something seems missing from this story. Is this not a premeditated act? Hearing a lot of crickets when it comes to the "how did THIS guy get a gun?" from the libs.

Hearing a lot of "back off the SPLC"
While blaming Corkins for the shooting, Perkins also faulted the Southern Poverty Law Center, an Alabama-based civil rights organization that tracks and litigates against hate groups. The law center labeled the council a hate group in 2010 for what it called the organization's anti-gay stance.

Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/3 ... &page=full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In this shooting case, no outrage from the media
Leftwing gunman doesn't fit narrative

But this time the story line had changed considerably. The shooter was decidedly to the left of the political spectrum. His target, a conservative pro-life group. Keeping these facts in mind and watching how the event was covered - or not covered - in the media over the past few days has taught me two things:

1. The gun control debate is not real - it's merely political posturing.

2. The extreme left is just as capable of violence as the extreme right.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

The Family Research Council does not meet the Leftist media's criterion to meet "victim status." I do not know much about the Family Research Council; supposedly, they support a traditional view of marriage (man and woman) and are against gay marriage. They lobby and raise money to sustain their efforts, in the marketplace of ideas, and in the various state capitols in which they operate. NONE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED IS ILLEGAL.

Other individuals and organizations are free to likewise disavow traditional marriage and support gay marriage. None of their efforts are illegal, either. But when Conservatives and/or Liberals break the law, either in word or in deed, then they must so answer for these transgressions.