Family Research council shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cybercop

Family Research council shooting

Post by Cybercop »

Well it looks like when someone doesn't get there way they turn violent.
----------------------

Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/15/gu ... z23eZ9jdqM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The suspect "made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard," a source told Fox News. WJLA-TV7 reported the suspect was also shot.

Sources also said the gunman may have been carrying a bag from Chick-fil-A, the embattled fast-food restaurant whose president came under fire from gay activists after he said he did not agree with same-sex marriage.

Sources told Fox News that after guard took away his gun, the suspect said, "Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for."

Authorities were treating the attack as a case of domestic terrorism, although James McJunkin, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said authorities do not yet know the gunman's motive."

Jim
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."

Edward Everett Hale (decedent of Nathan Hale)
SigMan

Re: Family Research council shooting

Post by SigMan »

Cybercop wrote:Well it looks like when someone doesn't get there way they turn violent.
----------------------

Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/15/gu ... z23eZ9jdqM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The suspect "made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard," a source told Fox News. WJLA-TV7 reported the suspect was also shot.

Sources also said the gunman may have been carrying a bag from Chick-fil-A, the embattled fast-food restaurant whose president came under fire from gay activists after he said he did not agree with same-sex marriage.

Sources told Fox News that after guard took away his gun, the suspect said, "Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for."

Authorities were treating the attack as a case of domestic terrorism, although James McJunkin, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said authorities do not yet know the gunman's motive."

Jim
Listened to this on 95.7. One person wounded = Domestic Terrorism, Fort Hood Massacare = Workplace Violence :roll: :roll: Got to love the seriously slanted media.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to William Stephens Smith, November 13, 1787.

You can have Freedom or Free things but not both, choose one!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I'd like to know more about this young man. Is he a registered voter? What are his politics? Does he lean Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party? Was it George Bush or Michelle Bachmann who supplied the firearm?
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Maybe he thought the guard was going to swipe his chicken.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Werz wrote:Maybe he thought the guard was going to swipe his chicken.
I had to go read the article just so I could figure out what that meant.

:lol:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Tweed Ring wrote:I'd like to know more about this young man. Is he a registered voter? What are his politics? Does he lean Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party? Was it George Bush or Michelle Bachmann who supplied the firearm?
FRC is a Christian organization, and the young man is (supposedly) an LGBT activist.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Marriage is none of the governments business. Marriage is a concept created by a religion, so you know what a freaking mess. The Gov't should be out of the marriage business already. (I realize then certain people would cry out and ask the gov't to force churches to recognize their marriages I get it. I also realize when you're married it effects you're govt theft taxes and if you can visit them at the hospital and all that those are minuscule problems that can be addressed. )

I support all "Liberty" but as stated the gov't has nothing to do with all that and this is just nutso stuff shooting an innocent guard at a building wont make people suddenly like you're cause or defend you or defend anyone... What a bunch of hateful wackos. Going around banning chicken and shooting people, spray painting chik-fil-a's. What a bunch of rebels with out a cause.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

wkdravenna wrote:Marriage is none of the governments business. Marriage is a concept created by a religion, so you know what a freaking mess. The Gov't should be out of the marriage business already. (I realize then certain people would cry out and ask the gov't to force churches to recognize their marriages I get it. I also realize when you're married it effects you're govt theft taxes and if you can visit them at the hospital and all that those are minuscule problems that can be addressed. )
The government isn't really in the "marriage" business as much as it's in the divorce business. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those problems (child rearing and support, division of real and personal property, etc.) are far from "minuscule" and having nothing to do with whether or not a church may or may not have recognized the "marriage."
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

The violence from the left in November will make this look like a picnic.
The British are going! The British are going!
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

sodbuster95 wrote:
wkdravenna wrote:Marriage is none of the governments business. Marriage is a concept created by a religion, so you know what a freaking mess. The Gov't should be out of the marriage business already. (I realize then certain people would cry out and ask the gov't to force churches to recognize their marriages I get it. I also realize when you're married it effects you're govt theft taxes and if you can visit them at the hospital and all that those are minuscule problems that can be addressed. )
The government isn't really in the "marriage" business as much as it's in the divorce business. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those problems (child rearing and support, division of real and personal property, etc.) are far from "minuscule" and having nothing to do with whether or not a church may or may not have recognized the "marriage."
Well you got me, I'd have to agree with you there.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

sodbuster95 wrote:The government isn't really in the "marriage" business as much as it's in the divorce business. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those problems (child rearing and support, division of real and personal property, etc.) are far from "minuscule" and having nothing to do with whether or not a church may or may not have recognized the "marriage."
Don't forget about probate.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
BorisTheSpider

Post by BorisTheSpider »

Cybercop wrote:...James McJunkin, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said authorities do not yet know the gunman's motive.
I know I'm not supposed to, but come on - how can you not giggle when you see that name? It's like FBI agents get to create their own aliases, and this guy got in when he was 12.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled political mutterings...
<disclaimer>If this post seems offensive, it was unintended; I probably chose my words poorly. If this post seems uneducated, that's entirely likely, but there is a slim possibility that I simply chose my words poorly. In either case, I apologize. Sit tight and someone more qualified will be along shortly.</disclaimer>
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

Would this line be there had he eaten Wendy's instead?
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

BorisTheSpider wrote:
Cybercop wrote:...James McJunkin, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said authorities do not yet know the gunman's motive.
I know I'm not supposed to, but come on - how can you not giggle when you see that name? It's like FBI agents get to create their own aliases, and this guy got in when he was 12.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled political mutterings...
You got to it before I could! xD
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

gmhiggins wrote:
Would this line be there had he eaten Wendy's instead?
Its part of the statement the guy was making. Its Jermaine to the story.