Middle of Lakewood robbery at gun point

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bzink

Middle of Lakewood robbery at gun point

Post by bzink »

It's just a report in the public docket about a robbery by (Detroit)Burger King in Lakewood at 5pm. As a resident of Lakewood I've been aware of the increase in crime again over the past 2ish years. There's been quite a few middle-of-the-day gun point robberies this year but this one was in the center of the city. This corner is always busy with pedestrians. I was up there a few weeks ago and saw a few thugs exchanging stolen cell phones.

http://lakewood-oh.patch.com/articles/b ... e-sidewalk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pecker

Re: Middle of Lakewood robbery at gun point

Post by Pecker »

Just moved to Lakewood, (From Illinois).

Interesting how the caller hung up so they have no more details.
bzink

Re: Middle of Lakewood robbery at gun point

Post by bzink »

Yeah. That made me a bit skeptical of whether it actually happened. I posted it because the location surprised me and because there have been 6 or so mid day side walk robberies in the past few months.

Welcome to the neighborhood, by the way.